Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher Lowings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 8 Dec 2004 11:23

Hi My name is Christopher Lowings and I was born 5th June 1948 in London. My father was Christopher Frank Lowings I beleive born in Islington. I believe his Father was Victor(could be wrong could have been a brother) and I think I remember him telling me that the fmily ran a greengrocers before my grandfather went off to WW1. His mother's name was Alice. The kids were raised in Dunstable / Luton area. My father had a sister Mary who was in the Salvation Army basically all her life as was my grandmother Alice I believe. I believe too that he had a brother James and another Harold (7 siblingsI believe). His father left the UK for South Africa after WW1 apparently looking for gold..... would appear he found it too! Chris Lowings, Adelaide, South Australia

Lynn

Lynn Report 27 Sep 2008 11:38

Hi Chris,
My grandfather Bertie Arthur Lowings,and his siblings, all 9 of them were all born in London, in the Walthamstow area. It appears that most of them then went to South Africa. My mother Eunice Lowings was born in South Africa, as was I. most of the Lowings family started in the Cape, where a lot of then still are today.
I don't know whether there is any connection with your family at all, but my family in SA is large.
Hope this helps you, and maybe you can help me.

Jayne

Jayne Report 27 Sep 2008 18:40

ORIGINAL THREAD VERY OLD

Probably best to send a personal message