Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for scottish ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 4 Aug 2010 00:36

can anyone please help me. im looking for my nans parents ancestors, i think they were call jane and hugh. i cannot find anything on the records. isabella jane mcdonald, born 9th july 1921, in portobello, edinburgh, scotland. jane watt gordon (her mother) died when isa was 3 years old. hugh mcdonald (her father) remarried. i have no information on anything after that. i have scottish relatives that i know nothing about. would love to find out something about them. i think that was her parents name. thankyou.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 4 Aug 2010 01:05

Hi Julie, try the website Scotlands People.

It is a pay per view, (initial free search) but you can download copies of certificates and census return etc dependant on the year, or you can purchase a certificate for later deaths, births and marriages and I have to admit that their customer service is probably one of the best offered I have ever come accross from any site, if you have any difficulty accessing information, or cannot read the image etc.

Best of luck,

Rachelle

Aileen

Aileen Report 4 Aug 2010 19:55

1920 MCDONALD HUGH GORDON JANE WATT PORTOBELLO EDINBURGH/MIDLOTHIAN

Hugn McDonald (Glass Bottlemaker) aged 26 son of Charles (Bricklayer) and Mary McDonald ma McIntosh (both deceased) married Jane Watt Gordon (House maid) aged 24 daughter of John ( Blacksmiths Hammerman) and Isabella Gordon ms McInnes on 12/03/1920

Aileen

Aileen Report 4 Aug 2010 20:02

Birth for Jane

1896 GORDON JANE WATT F ST ROLLOX GLASGOW CITY/LANARK

Cathy

Cathy Report 7 Aug 2010 09:52

Have sent another PM to Julie to come back to the thread!

Julie

Julie Report 24 Aug 2010 12:35

just want to say thankyou to everyone for helping me in my search, i don't get to go on here very often, so appologies for not getting back to you all sooner. will be following up all leads when i can. ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU.

Cathy

Cathy Report 24 Aug 2010 12:45

You're very welcome Julie,

Thanks for getting back to us :-)

Good luck,

Cathy

Raymond68

Raymond68 Report 28 Nov 2014 14:56

Hi Julie , i have your grandparents in my Family tree . Jane Watt Gordon was my granda John Gordons sister , Jeanie i think she was known as . My granda was a witness at the wedding . I know this is 4 years old but be nice if you got it and we could swap a storie or pic or two ;-)Raymie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Nov 2014 14:59

To try to contact Julie, who hasn't posted on GR since 2010, click on her name and send a message

Raymond68

Raymond68 Report 28 Nov 2014 17:07

Hi Jaqueline ,sent a PM at the same time to Julie .So hears hoping :-)