Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

jones family census problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 14 Jan 2011 15:28

hello i have used all my credits trying to find my great granfathers family his name was william jones married to mary ann edwards they married in june 1907 they lived at 30 dolydd lane cefn ruabon nr wrexham my great grand dasd passed away 26th september 1916 he died from wounds and he buried in france
william jones was born in lock winnock ayrshire but sadly i can not find any more info on him i have reached brick wall be very greatful of any leads you kind tree hunters may have
mary

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jan 2011 15:40

How do you know his birthplace Mary? Also, do you have his age, occupation and father's name from marriage record?

Probably not them, but just in case, there is this family 1911:

JONES, William Head Married M 31 1880 Coal Miner Hewer Cheshire Malpas VIEW
JONES, Mary Wife Married
4 years F 31 1880 Denbigh Cefn Denbighshire VIEW
JONES, Nellie Daughter F 3 1908 Denbighshire Cefn VIEW
JONES, Jessie Daughter F 1 1910 Denbighshire Cefn VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
34023 Reference:
RG14PN34023 RG78PN1964 RD621 SD2 ED20 SN251

Registration District:
Wrexham Sub District:
Ruabon Enumeration District:
20 Parish:
Cefn

Address:
1 Temple Vale Dolydd Lane Cefn Ruabon County:
Denbighshire

By the way, having google searched I think the place might be Lochwinnoch maybe?

Jan

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jan 2011 16:37

Fo reference...from Commonwealth War Graves site

Name: JONES
Initials: W
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment/Service: Royal Welsh Fusiliers
Unit Text: 19th Bn.
Date of Death: 26/09/1916
Service No: 28320
Additional information: Husband of Mary A. Jones, of 30, Dolydd Lane, Lower Cefn, Ruabon, Denbighshire.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: XI. B. 16.
Cemetery: ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY

Gwyn

Flick

Flick Report 14 Jan 2011 16:43

The marriage cert will include the name and occupation of William's father..............

Marriages Sep 1907 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>EDWARDS Mary Ann Wrexham 11b 413
GRIFFITHS Edward Thomas Wrexham 11b 413
>>>>>>>JONES William Wrexham 11b 413
WILLIAMS Charlotte Claudia Wrexham 11b 413

Can you tell us where you got the info about his birthplace...............which document do you have which has the info?

Flick

Flick Report 14 Jan 2011 16:49

The address on the CWGC record is Mary's address when the memorial was erected...........not necessarily where they were living before he died.

Will check these records....found under his service number

William Jones abt 1881 10 Queen Street, Cefa Wassa Ruabon 6
William Jones abt 1881 10 Queen Street, Cefa Wassa Ruabon 22

EDIT.have looked at the first 6, and found...............

Date of enlistment .............13th Feb 1915.............age 34 yrs 7 mths

Height 5ft 1.25 inches

Wife's details as per your info.

Children:-

Albert Ellis Edwards
Nellie

Birthplace recorded as Loch Wynnoch

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jan 2011 16:45

hello,
just to say big thank you for all yr info and help i got in touch with carnarfon castle the curator ther told me my great grandfather was born in lock winnock ayrshire but i can not search scotish records yet i did find a marriage link wrexham page 11b 413 so what i now need to is get copy of that marriage.on doing the 1911 census search i did not find the info you did for me experience needed on searching i think yes my family are the cefn ruabon ones jessie jones was my grandmother so thats great getting that info from you great finding out how tall my great granfather was bless him not tall at all we not taken after him so thanks again for all yr very much appreciated help any more be great mystery to me is albert ellis edwards ? i had auntie nellie born 1908 then my nin jessie in 1910 so mystery who albert edwards is please can you help me again in yr debt mary x

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Jan 2011 17:08

Children given on another service record

Ellis Edwards b 10.6.02 St Martins (looks like could be Mary Ann's child before she married William)
Nellie b 26.3.08 Ruabow
Jessie b 6.1.10 Ruabow
Mary b 27.10.12 Ruabow
Doris Lourain b 17.2.15 Ruabow

William married Mary Ann 17 July 1907 St John's Church Rhosymedre

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Jan 2011 17:37

It looks as if William was wounded on 16.9.16 with gun shot wounds to arm and foot and died from these wounds on 26.9.16

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jan 2011 20:26

wow totaly amazed how do you find all this info thanks so much i now know why my marriage search was dead end was searching 07/07/1907
so many greatful thanks for all yr much needed help
mary and my family x

Flick

Flick Report 15 Jan 2011 22:54

There is a birth reg'n for Albert Ellis Edwards on freebmd.......check it out

The assumption has to be that he was born to Mary Ann before her marriage

Mary

Mary Report 16 Jan 2011 10:38

thank you for all yr kindness in helping me i just wished i knew bit more to know where i should be searching thanks all
mary

Mary

Mary Report 16 Jan 2011 12:17

william jones born 1879 Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland
Edit This Page From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation , search
Lochwinnoch (#570)

i have bought credits to do scottish search but had no joy must be doing something wrong any more kind help out there please

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jan 2011 12:21

The birth I mentioned............

Births Sep 1902 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edwards Albert Ellis Oswestry 6a 718

Doesn't help you with William, I know.

I've looked - and looked again - on the Scottish censuses on Ancestry, and have had no luck in locating him

I really do think you would be wise to obtain his marriage cert, to find out, at least, his father's name and occupation

Flick

Flick Report 16 Jan 2011 12:24

I wonder why he said in 1911 that he was born in Malpas?

Had he been brought up there, I wonder...................

Mary

Mary Report 16 Jan 2011 13:42

all very big mystry to me but yr help much aprrciated defo born Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshiren in 1879 my great grandmother was mary edwards who lived in cefn wheer census says a rather big mystery which i hope i can solve with yr added input .to get marriage certificte do i go to registry office i know i not good at this x

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jan 2011 21:44

hello all think i have found my great great grandad now in dailly ayr scotland worked out census got credits and found them so exciting i think i getting the hang of this tree building now many thanks again for help and tips all
mary