Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fenton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole & Sue from up north

Carole & Sue from up north Report 28 Jan 2007 13:46

Hello, I'm trying to find any Fentons from the Sunderland area who can give me a bit of general family history/information. Some of my relatives/ancestors are: Grandfather : Matthew Fenton b.1923 Great Grandmother : Rebecca Fenton b.1901 Greatx2 Grandfather : Matthew Fenton b.1876 (married Mary 1897) Greatx3Grandfather :Robert Fenton b.1837 (married Elizabeth c1859) All of the above born in Sunderland in the Monkwearmouth(Shore) area. Greatx4Grandfather :William Fenton b.1806 (married Ann Rutherford 1829) He was born somewhere in Scotland Any personal information, family stories, rumours etc would be greatly received. Thanks, Carole

Barbara

Barbara Report 1 Oct 2007 17:45

My father was Alfred Eugene fenton born 1901 in Bishopswearmouth, Sunderland. Hie father was Albert Fenton and mother Annie Sharland. Don't know how many children they had, but know there was a least one brother, Robert. Any connection?

defect@outlook.com.au

[email protected] Report 20 Oct 2007 09:44

I'm also looking for Fenton's around Sunderland or South Shields. My greatgrandfather, Robert Fenton, was born in that area on 28/1/1840 at East Boldon, Durham. His parents were Peter Fenton c1785-1849 and Francis Emmerson c1804 possibly Weardale, Durham. His siblings were John 1831-1889, Robert 1832-1836, Elizabeth 1837 & Peter 1843-1916. He married Rachel Marina Diamond from Guernsey in Victoria, Australia in 1873. We are missing a large section of his lie from 1851 to 1873. We have no idea when he left England and came to Australia.
Diane
[email protected]