Soldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919
Search our historical records
Records to Search
Records in this Collection
- British Officers Taken Prisoner of War 1914-1918
- De Ruvigny's Roll Of Honour 1914-1918
- Harold Gillies Plastic Surgery Archives From WW1
- National Roll Of The Great War 1914-1918
- Royal Naval Division Records 1914-1919
- Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve Medal Roll
- Soldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919
- Swansea Pals (14th Welsh Regt)
- WW1 Naval Casualties
- WWI Distinguished Conduct Medal Citations
Information about Soldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919
Originally produced in 1921, it was first published in 80 parts. The names of 661,960 other ranks (i.e. not officers) are included in the records of Soldiers Died in the Great War.
This collection covers military deaths between August 4, 1914 (the declaration of war) and November 11, 1918 (Armistice Day) and, in some but not all cases, up to March 25, 1921.
Bear in mind that these records list the name the soldier gave to the army upon enlisting - which may or may not be his given name. Many soldiers enlisted under a false name.