Genes News

Top tip - Genes Reunited blogs

Welcome to the new Genes Reunited blog!

• We regularly add blogs covering a variety of topics. You can add your own comments at the bottom.
  • The Genes Reunited Team will be writing blogs and keeping you up to date with changes happening on the site.
  • In the future we hope to have guest bloggers that will be able to give you tips and advice as to how to trace your family history.
  • The blogs will have various privacy settings, so that you can choose who you share your blog with.

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

New message boards for the Genes Community

Published on 19 Aug 2013 10:44 : 8 comments : 1283 views

Hi everyone today we have launched two new message boards.

Hobbies and Crafts - Maybe you're a knitter? Or perhaps you're a keen gardener? This board is the place for you to discuss your hobbies, share tips and chat with people who like the same things as you.

Military Chat - are you trying to find the military history of one of your ancestors? Do you have a military hero you'd like to tell us about? This is the message board for you.

We hope you enjoy them!

The Genes Team

Comments

Profile Picture
Send Message
by Caldervale on 19 Aug 2013 21:42 :
"Try anything once", advice in my days of youth from older person, except "Putting your neck in a noose". Followed the advice. Results, not in chronological order but pleased I kept out of that noose. Swimming, cycling, photography, Y.H.A., watercolours, marriage with issue, countryside rambling, family car driver although do not own a car today, (too old to drive) I think it should be age limited. Enjoy gardening & have a greenhouse. Almost forgot genealogy. How could I after 20 years ? Attended two schools. Both elementary. Full employment 1939 - 1980, involving 24 hour round the clock turns of duty. Some of that overseas in the Antipodes. Had recreational trips to Canada & Europe and been a church choirboy in Britain. As a youth had a paper round also kept rabbits , guinea pigs. and once
owned a golden cocker spaniel named "Raq" after the spaniel of the Rev Bramwell Evans. Caldervale
Profile Picture
Send Message
by Yvonne Cadwallader on 21 Aug 2013 12:40 :
I’m looking for links with My Mother Ada Thompson
Her mother’s maiden name Ann Faulkner her farther Tomas Thompson
One of her sister Ann Thompson & my half Brother Robert Henry Thompson;
They all came from Tottenham North London
They to have lived in Seven Sisters Rd as children.
Moved to 8 Merton Rd off Seven Sisters Rd.
Ada & Ann their Father Thomas Thompson a chimney sweep, Mother Ann Faulkner may have been a house maid in Middlesex,
Many thanks Yvonne Cadwallader sister

Profile Picture
Send Message
by Leonard on 25 Aug 2013 20:49 :
im looking for thomas harley ex gurney st then rockingham st i am the son of his daughter louie(louisa) tompkins/ harley and any data will be a help i am lenny tompkins
Profile Picture
Send Message
by Terence on 8 Sep 2013 22:20 :
looking for niel Derbyshire son of James and Joyce Derbyshire born in Cornwall
Profile Picture
Send Message
by Jean on 3 Oct 2013 08:01 :
Can anyone help me find marriage of 3 times grandfather. Edward Leigh ( Lee) circa 1837 to Ann Hill or ( Brown) Edward born Wigan Ann born Standish . Have tried every where. Very great full for any information . Jean
Profile Picture
Send Message
by Terry on 16 Oct 2013 23:51 :
Hi All
I am 100% unhappy with the support I get from genesreunited for technical issues and now at a stage of cancelling my membership.

The problem I have is often my GED file freezes when processing a new upload. Ie it sits in the "your tree is currently being processed”” for days on end and generally happens about 1- 2 time a month. Many times I have contacted the support team

As I am based in Australia there is no afterhours support for us from England during our day hours. Does anyone less have the same problem?
Thanks :-(
Profile Picture
Send Message
by Terry on 16 Oct 2013 23:52 :
Hi All

As I am based in Australia there is no afterhours support for us from England during our day hours. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Thanks :-(
Profile Picture
Send Message
by elizabethann on 11 Feb 2014 00:42 :
I'm trying to find out what happened to my Father Jesse Amatt also known as Jesse Wright, I think he moved to the London area many years ago and will be around 89 years old now if he is still alive, but I can't find a death for him. Also I want to find a adopted Brother born in Derby in 1958, named on his birth certificate Christopher Amatt