Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ELEANOR (NELLIE) COOLEY (update 17th dec on pg 11)

Page 0 + 1 of 12

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:11

HELP Can anybody please help me find a birth i have change my thread content so i can put exactly what i now

Eleanor Nellie Cooley born either 1900/1901 in either Mile End or Bethnal Green. Her parents was Richard William Cooley and Ellen Richards who was married in 1886. Her siblings was Catherine Cooley,Richard W Cooley,James Cooley,Michael Cooley and Mary Victoria Cooley who apart from richard i cant find any solid birth information on them either . Eleanor Nellie Cooley Married James Alexander King on 03/10/1925 in Poplar where she was stated as being 25 years old but walked out on the family in 1951 and never seen again. If anybody can give me any information on her Birth or Death that would be fantastic
many thanks
debbie

Oh by the way on her marriage cert she only put down Eleanor Cooley but on two of her childrens Birth Certificate she put down Eleanor Nellie Cooley

And another thing her grandparent's was Irish

Edit 23/06/2009

I have her dob 22/06/1901 from her brothers war records but I have come to the conculsion that her birth was not registered can anybody help me with her death her name should have been on her death Eleanor King

Thanks
Deb

EDIT 27/07/09

Im giving this one another go as I have looked for her death everywhere and I still cant find it. Maybe some fresh eyes might be able to see what I've been missing.

29/05/10

Just asking if anybody can help on this as it is still on going thanks for your time in reading this post deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:27

thanks paula yes it proberly has i looked at a lot of variations of the surname but still cant find anything but her name was defently eleanor nellie
thanks any way
debbie

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 12 May 2009 16:27

Can only find this marriage but wrong woman:

Marriages Mar 1909 (>99%)
BILBROUGH Alice Bethnal G. 1c 236 Scan available - click to view
COOLEY Richard William Bethnal G. 1c 236 Scan available - click to view
PALSY Nathan Bethnal G. 1c 236 Scan available - click to view
RYCHES Annie Bethnal G 1c 236 Scan available - click to view

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:32

thanks bloosom i have her marriage certificate and she was stated as being 25 in 1925 but it is her birth and death i haveing no luck with

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:34

paula
yes ive looked in the 1901 census she is not their she is on the 1911 she is visiting her brother at the time thanks anyway and the richard cooley that you found was her brother
deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:36

thanks astra
the eleanor cooley is not her i thought i had her then untill i found out that her middle name was nellie not ivy
deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:42

hi paula
no not on her marriage certificate but it has it on two of her childrens birth certificates and my dad does seem to remember that people used to call her nellie
deb

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 12 May 2009 16:44

Do you have her parents Richard and Ellen on the 1901, because I can't see them at the moment.

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 12 May 2009 16:45

Hi

1901 census she is not with the parents (Mile End is very near Bethnal Green)

1901 England Census
about Richard Cooley
Name: Richard Cooley
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1862
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Ellen
Where born: London, England

Civil Parish: Mile End Old Town
Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity Stepney
County/Island: London

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Mile End Old Town
Sub-registration district: Mile End, Old Town, Eastern
ED, institution, or vessel: 16
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 44
Household Members: Name Age
Richard Cooley 39
Ellen Cooley 36
Richard W Cooley 15
James Cooley 14
Catherine Cooley 10
Michael Cooley 5
Mary Victoria Cooley 12

Also Richard W Cooley (Son) married in Bethnal Green in 1909
James seems to get married in Mile End.

This seems like the Fathers marriage however the Womans name is not mentioned on here and this ties in with Richard W (Sons) Birth date.

Marriages Mar 1886
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COOLEY Richard London C. 1c 88

I would get one of the other childrens birth certificates to enable you to go further.

Do you know if the 1901 census record is the correct family?

Lesley

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:46

hi bloosom
yes they lived at 26 jupps road mile end old town london in 1901
deb

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 12 May 2009 16:48

In 1911 she is with her brother and it states she was born in Mile End

COOLEY, RICHARD W HEAD MARRIED M 25 NEWS AGENT LONDON BISHOPSGATE
COOLEY, ALICE WIFE MARRIED 2 F 26 LONDON BETHNAL GREEN
COOLEY, RICHARD W SON M 1 LONDON BETHNAL GREEN
COOLEY, ELENOAR SISTER F 10 LONDON MILE END

32 Allas Road Bethnal Green.

Lesley

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:50

hi lesley
i am 99.99999 sure it is the same family as she states her farther name on the marriage certificate and his occupation which does match up but that could be a possibility
deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 16:53

hi lesley
sorry my mistake it does say mile end oops
deb

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 12 May 2009 17:08

Deb

Depending on where the Mother was from (some parts of London are in the Surrey District) I have found this one

Births Sep 1901
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooley Nellie Epsom 2a 22

Lesley

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 17:15

thanks lesley
i will check that one out i will let you now if it is the correct one ive been looking for ages wow thanks very much
deb

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 12 May 2009 17:18

Seems Eleanor's mother died in 1906 which would explain why she is living with her brother:

Deaths Dec 1906

Cooley Ellen 42 Mile End 1c 297

Lesley

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 17:23

thanks again lesley
how do you do it so quick ? i will get that certificate as well regarding her mum
deb

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 12 May 2009 17:27

Well now you know that her brother was definitely Richard W then I would get his birth certificate for the Mothers maiden name!!

Births Mar 1886

COOLEY Richard William London C 1c 2

Did it state her dad was deceased on her marriage certificate?

Lesley

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 17:27

lesley
my dad never really new his mum as she walked out on the family when he was 7 years old so he has not got that many memories of her as he never saw her again in is now 68 she has been a right pain to find so may be her name was nellie and not eleanor as she has always been a bit of a mystery
thanks again deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 May 2009 17:29

yes lesley
her dad was deceed when she got married the date she and my grandad got married was 3/10/1925 in poplar
deb