Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Daines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 13 Mar 2003 21:27

I am trying to find relatives of my mother Joyce Nicholson now deceased. She was born Joyce Daines in 1929 in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area, possibly Whittley Bay or West Jesmond. She was the youngest of three children, the eldest being John and then her sister Irene. There mother was Nelly Paterson and she died at the age of 32 when my mother was only ten years old. Her father was Cecil Daines born around the turn of the century. He came from a large family and I know that he had a younger brother called Ernie and an older sister called Emma who had a son called Albert. Joyce also had a cousin called Pearl. I believe Ernie was an artist and this talent obviously runs through the family because Joyce was very artistic and a wonderful dressmaker and I am an artist and sculptor. My brother and sister are also very artistic and my son Phillip is studying to be an animator. Cecil Daines was a miner but moved the family to Lancaster in the mid 1930's where he worked in a cotton mill. I would be delighted to hear from anyone for whom any of these names ring a bell. It would be lovely to piece together some of the family jigsaw. Sue Sweeney