Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Davidson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CdnJane

CdnJane Report 21 Jan 2007 20:46

I'm trying to find out more information on my greatgrandmother's family on my Dad's side. She was born Ada Grey Forester Davidson May 30, 1873 at Courage, Nairnshire, Scotland, the 13th of 14 children to David Davidson b. July 8, 1817 at Sharp,Radford, Morayshire, Scotland and Jessie Gibson Ewart born Dec 15, 1830 - they were married Apr 27, 1854, I believe in Nairnshire. Granny and her siblings were: (with all the info I have on them) 1 Alick Davidson b: Feb 28, 1855 2 Martha Borthwick (Ross) Davidson b: Jul 27, 1856 3 Maggie Hendry Davidson b: Dec 19, 1857 4 Jessie Ewart Davidson b: Mar 31, 1859 5 William Ewart Davidson b: Jun 15, 1860 (Moved to Vancouver, BC, Canada and was part of a stationary firm - Smith, Davidson,Wright) 6 Elizabeth Ewart Davidson b: Jan 1, 1862 7 Isabella (Ella) Grant (EDGAR) Davidson b: Jul 17, 1863 in Nairnshire,Scotland 8 Mary Annie (SYMMONS) Davidson b: Mar 27, 1865 9 David George Davidson b: Oct 15, 1866 10 Robina Davidson b: Jul 27, 1868 11 Archibald Ewart Davidson b: Dec 20, 1869 in Courage, Nairnshire, Scotland d: in Barley Mills, Nairnshire, Scotland 12 Joanna Grant (Joy) Davidson b: Nov 7, 1871 in Courage, Nairnshire, Scotland 13 ADA GRAY FORRESTER DAVIDSON b: May 30, 1873 in Courage, NAIRNSHIRE, SCOTLAND d: Jan 24, 1966 in CRIEF, PERTHSHIRE, SCOTLAND married to ROBERT JOHN BROWN b: Aug 2, 1873 in TOBERMORY, ISLE OF MULL, SCOTLAND m: Jul 24, 1900 in St.Luke's Parish of Richmond, Surrey, ENG. d: Jan 18, 1936 in TOBERMORY, ISLE OF MULL, SCOTLAND 14 Jemima Madeleine Davidson b: Jan 11, 1875 in Courage, Nairnshire, Scotland d: 1953 There was a family member who was involved with the newspaper in Nairn back in the 1970s. Ella Davidson married a Mr. Edgar, and they had a son Iain Edgar, who married a Nan ?? and they lived in Toronto. There was a daughter who lived in Ottawa, the last I heard. Any one able to give me any leads on any of my great-grandmother's family, I'd really appreciate it.