Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gareth Conrad Evans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 21 Jan 2010 22:32

I know that this is very sketchy but you people are so wonderful I thought I'd chance it:
I'm looking for a Gareth Conrad Evans who would have been born somewhere around 1920 - 25 in Wales. I know he married Dilys and had a son called David who was last known to be living in Redcar.
By 1968 he (Gareth) was living and working in either Redcar or Stockton on Tees (possibly for British Steel). He was either divorced or widowed by this point in time.
By around 1970 he was in a sanitorium in Kent suffering from TB and was not expected to live.
I cannot find a death record for him but do not believe that he can possibly be alive after all this time.
Finding his death will bring closure to certain parts of my life. Can anyone help please?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2010 23:19

There are these two births in the early 1920's:-

Name: Gareth C Evans
Mother's Maiden Surname: Davies
Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1923
Registration district: Llanelly
Registration county: Wales
Volume Number: 11a
Page Number: 2279

and:-

Name: Gareth C Evans
Mother's Maiden Surname: Williams
Date of Registration: Jan Feb Mar 1926
Registration district: Swansea
Registration county: Wales
Volume Number: 11a
Page Number: 1809

Kath. x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 21 Jan 2010 23:46

A suggestion Julia May.
Its the long way round and will cost £14,of course ,but if you get his marriage to Dilys for his age you can then search for his birth and will give you his exact date of birth to search the death records with.
viv

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2010 11:17

The only Gareth Evans to die in Kent in the 1970's is this one (and the middle name is wrong):-

Name: Gareth Christmas Evans
Birth Date: 4 Jun 1933
Death Registration Month/Year: 1977
Registration district: Maidstone
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 16
Page: 1231

Kath. x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jan 2010 17:31

Perhaps he is still alive.
Have you asked for a look-up on recent electoral lists?

Gwyn

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 22 Jan 2010 22:54

Gwyn, to think that he is still alive after all these years is quite a shocker.
I know that the Salvation Army tracked him down in early 70's to a Sanitorium in Kent where it was stated that he had TB and was not expected to live.
Therefore I assumed that he had since died.
Need to think about this!

Bonita

Bonita Report 2 Mar 2014 23:01

Hi, I think we have this person in common, I have also been looking for him since the 1980's, maybe you could contact me , we could maybe share information.

patchem

patchem Report 2 Mar 2014 23:09

Bonita,

This was posted more than 4 years ago and TheLadyInRed may no longer be checking for replies.

Click on her name and send her a pm, do not wait for her to contact you.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Mar 2014 23:09

Hi Bonita, welcome to the boards.
As this was posted so long ago, you might not get a reply - I would try sending a message to 'TheLadyInRed' - just click on her name.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 2 Mar 2014 23:26

?
British Columbia, Canada, Death Index, 1872-1990 about Gareth Conrad Evans
Name: Gareth Conrad Evans
Birth Year: abt 1924
Death Age: 65
Death Date: 16 Jan 1989
Death Location: Surrey
Registration Number: 1989-09-000930
BCA Number: B17127
GSU Number: 1709270

Bonita

Bonita Report 5 Mar 2014 12:56

Thank you all for your help , patchem thank you for this , how would I know if it's the right person and do you know why the top says Canada but he died in Surrey ?
as you can see I am new to all this

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Mar 2014 15:02

Bonita, there is a city called Surrey in British Colombia.
Jan

Bonita

Bonita Report 5 Mar 2014 20:53

I had no idea ? that makes more sense , thank you

Barbara

Barbara Report 27 Aug 2016 00:25

I do know the Gareth Evans who passed away in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
He was married to my Aunt and immigrated from England in 1971. I believe he is the person The lady in red and Bonita are looking for. I emailed them but they may not be checking this site any longer. Happy to share any info. Barb

Bonita

Bonita Report 27 Aug 2016 12:20

I would be very grateful for any info , as this is a huge void in my life, perhaps you could either email me directly on [email protected] or find me on Facebook I can be found on there as Bonita Morris living in Braintree UK and I think it lists my school in the heading which is Ilford County High , I would be so pleased to hear from you thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Aug 2016 20:15

Bonita

If you just click on Barbara's name (her name is above her post in green) then you can send her a private message and as she added to this thread just today I'm sure she will get your message.

Because you have added your email address to your post above (which is against terms and conditions) someone may report your post which would be a shame. Much better to send Barbara a message.

Kath. x

Bonita

Bonita Report 28 Aug 2016 00:42

Thank you Kath I did not know any of that as I have rarely used this site, I will message her x

Bonita

Bonita Report 29 Aug 2016 00:30

Lady in red please get in touch , or anyone who knows her , she is a piece of this puzzle that we are finally putting together