Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ronald Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 21 Jan 2007 18:45

I'm trying to trace my natural father William Thomas Hammond born 24 April 1931 possibly in Lydd or Romney Marsh. There seems to be a link with the names William James and William John over the years. William Hammond may have a brother Albert John and their parents were Perry (or Percy) John Hammond and Gladys May Hammond (formerly Mortley). Perry Hammond was a Leading Stoker in the Royal Navy then a paper mill worker. William Hammond married Patricia Feeney (Dover) on 11 November 1953. William's profession on the marriage licence is 'clerk'. They emigrated to Canada in the late 50s where I was born (Ronald James Hammond) in Toronto on 7 August 1962. My mother and father divorced when I was two years old and my mother returned to England with me. My father may be still in Canada or may have returned some time after, I am not sure. If you have any information that connects with the above I would be gratetful if you could get in touch. Many thanks Ron