Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Holt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine Fiona Hunt

Christine Fiona Hunt Report 19 Jun 2006 09:26

I have come to a 'halt 'with my Holts. Can anyone help ? Charles Dyson Holt born early 1800s James Holt (his son) married Rosanna Best (1846) Arthur James Holt (their son) married Emma Thompson Rose Hannah Holt ( their Daughter - my gran) born 1880 She married Wallace Waters who was born in Alkborough Lincs All came from the Leeds area. I am an only child as was my mum Marjorie and I would dearly like to trace a link with my lost family for my children.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Apr 2014 22:18

Hello Paul, as you've realised this post is 7 years old so it may be better to click on Christine's name to send a direct message as it's unlikely she'll see your reply. Providing she's kept an up to date email address registered then she'll be notified of your contact.

Also, it would be advisable to edit your post to remove your email address as it's against the site's t&c. If you don't then some numpty who thinks they're the board police will possibly report it. If Christine DID check back and see your post then she's just need to click on your name to contact you.

If you want some help with your own research then start a new thread of your own and people on here will be happy to try to help you.

Good luck.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2014 08:28

Paul

If you decide to post your own request, please remember to give date info

If Elizabeth married after July 1837, no need to guess about her father's identity - he will be named on the marriage cert

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2014 08:33

For INFO................................only

Name: Charles Dyson Holt
Spouse's Name: Ann Longley
Event Date: 29 Aug 1808
Event Place: Wakefield, York, England
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03723-7