Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence

Florence Report 14 Aug 2006 03:16

Hi to all the Jones' seekers. Thankyou very much to the two people who answered my query with good information which I will add to this message. I am trying to find information about my Great Grandmothers Jones forbears. Thirsa (Thirza? Thurza? Thirsa on marriage certificate) nee Jones. Thirsa was born in Coleford c 1846 and died in Joyford 04/02/1909. She married my Gr Grandfather William Adams in Berry Hill in 1867. Thirsa was Christened at the Wesleyan Chapel Coleford 26/04/1846 her father was a John Jones c1822 and her Mother Mary unknown. Thirsa and William had 12 children 7 of whom died at a young age. My Grandfather was their son Tom Hedley born c1880. tHe other surviving children were Fred, Frank, Milborough, and Louisa. I am in touch with some of Frank and Louisa's family. But no one seems to know anything about their Jones connections. I would love to get some leads on the Jones family. Regards Miriam (Florence first name)