Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any ideas

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 15:18

My mothers birth certificate lists her fathers name as kenny. she recently found out through her social services records his name was ernest patrick kenny. I know my mother was baptised at st mary le beau london, however I realise that this does not mean this is where he was from. every thing I have searched had drawn a blank. My mothers mother was kathleen manning on her BC but KM had 13 brothers and sisters all surname kenny.
This is where things get even more confusing, my mothers brother Ronnie Lynch..... his BC has kathleen kenny as the maiden name????? how can she have 2 maiden names. Ronnie lynchs father was william lynch who was Adopted by the lynch's. My mum knew william lynch as her father until last year.
How on earth can I find out about kathleen manning/kenny, ernest patrick kenny and william lynch
kathleen kenny born 1920 dec 18..no record ( or manning)
william lynch born 1916 jul 5 no record. He said he was in the army but without knowing any details this too is a brick wall. and lastly ernest patrick kenny who seems to be made up!!!!!
any help would be greatly recieved. thank you
Oh I just remembered... My mum said kathllen kenny was said to have had two children before my mums birth. how would I find out if this was true
thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Sep 2010 15:26

There is this birth for a Kathleen Manning which could be for a December 1920 birth:-

Name: Kathleen Manning
Mother's Maiden Surname: Manning
Date of Registration: Jan Feb Mar 1921
Registration district: Kensington
Registration county: Greater London
Volume Number: 1a
Page Number: 145

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 22 Sep 2010 15:33

There is a marriage I will pm it

jax

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 15:34

thanks you kath. My mum thought she was from grenwich. so I only looked for that. How would I know that was definatly my nan
thanks again clare

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Sep 2010 15:36

I don't think you could be sure unless you knew more about her family (like her parent's names).

You would probably have to buy the certificate just to see what it says.

Kath. x

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 15:38

Thank you jax

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 22 Sep 2010 15:49

Cross referencing for those interested in this...

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1241380&jump=7252117#7252117

Chris

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2010 16:08

did Kathleen actually marry william Lynch?

just an observation .both surnames Kenny & lynch sound Irish ??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2010 16:12

answered my own question !!
Name: Kathleen Kenny
Spouse Surname: Lynch
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1948
Registration district: Camberwell
Registration county (inferred): Surrey
Volume Number: 5c
Page Number: 517
Find Spouse: Kathleen Kenny

So as Manning she must have married a Kenny.

Who did she name as her dad on the cert?

Camberwell isnt that far from Greenwich.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2010 16:18

wonder whether in fact she was Kathleen Kenny but made the surname Manning up to cover the fact she wasnt married when mum was born , seems strange that mums siblings have her maiden name as Kenny

That marrige cert to Lynch would be interesting re her dads name

Moody Blue

Moody Blue Report 22 Sep 2010 16:34

Was your mother Lorraine? if so, it would appear that she was born same quarter ,same year as that of the above marriage .....but in Berkshire

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 16:35

kathleen kenny marraige to lynch is def them thank you sooooo much.
the manning and kenny marraige could well be them too
my mum was born jan 1948 so looks like they got married and nan tried to cover up mr kenny!!!!!

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 16:37

yes mum born caversham. illigitmate right?!

Moody Blue

Moody Blue Report 22 Sep 2010 16:47

Born kenny mmn Manning..........to all appearances Legitimate!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2010 16:53

BUt she may have made the father up!! especially as the siblings have mmn as Kenny

I would certainly get the marriage cert to Wiliam Lynch to see if it will help

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 16:54

Coming to this from the genealogist thread ... I feel like I'm missing a piece or two of the puzzle. ;)

You do have your mum's birth certificate? You may not be wanting to give the information (absolutely properly), but it may just be me being thick here. I think Moody Blue is wondering the same thing (and seeing the same birth as I am).

The certificate shows Kathleen's (former) surname as Manning. What (father's) surname was the birth registered in?

--- edit --- oops, I was passed by events -- so that is the birth then. Kenny with mother Manning.

I agree with KathleenB that the Lynch-Kenny marriage certificate is essential, for the father's name Kathleen gave (whether or not it's true!).

You said at the beginning:

"KM had 13 brothers and sisters all surname kenny"

Kathleen Manning/Kenny/Lynch had 13 brothers and sisters? Can you tell us who a couple were (if they're deceased, maybe, so as not to invade privacy)?

That way we could see what the surname of their mother was, and that might help identify Kathleen.

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 16:59

mums father on her BC is ernest patrick kenny. she thought is was william lynch
kathleen kenny ( manning) brother and sisters called patrick, michael, mark, maggie/margaret but I do not know dates or places of birth
thanks

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 17:01

my mum remembers a house in lewisham for the kennys on black heath rd but thats as much as I could tell you

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 17:03

maggie kenny was older than kathleen and married someone with the surname english and had a daughter doreen

Clare

Clare Report 22 Sep 2010 17:04

mum thinks mark kenny had a son lenny kenny who had a sibling nora in blackheath london?