Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McLaren

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 26 Feb 2003 21:52

Any McLaren's from Dunbarton (my grandad was James (Jim, Jimmy) and worked in shipyard), moved to Dublin and married Kitty Eggleston from Kilkenny, Ireland). Settled in Dublin and worked in dockyard as carpenter. Some relations lived in East Wall, Dublin. He had 6 or 7 brothers (Alec, Bob, Harry and others) and one sister (Daisy). Jim died in 1967 but Alec, the last surviving sibling, died last spring.

rita

rita Report 30 Apr 2017 19:12

looking for information on Rita McLaren born 1941 died 1989 springburn glasgow her mother was kathleen mclaren whiteford born 1920 Lochgilphead died 1987 glasgow Rita McLaren lived tradeston 1961 abbotsford place were she married John murray swan his father donald morrison swan and mother Alice b Revell born in Renfrew, Gourock also lived 1961 abbotsford place
1961 name on John murray swan and Rita McLaren her marrage certificate rita ( formerly rena ) McLaren whiteford occupation cinema usherette
her mothers name Kathleen Margaret whiteford occupation domestic servant
i was brought up with my brother john and sister alice catherine margaret swan any imformation on my relations friends school pictures were they lived would be greatfull thanks rita mcskimming john and ritas daughter my email [email protected]

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Apr 2017 19:47

Have sent Rita the following by PM

Rita - please see the reply on General Chat.

As you are a new member, you may not realise that its best to only have one thread per family/request. That's because helpers tend to look at all the boards but may come across one thread while a different helper is trying to assist on another. That ends up as a duplication of effort.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1366056
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1366055

Its also best not to tag a request onto a completely unrelated one started by someone else
Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it %3A-%29