Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my half brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jim

Jim Report 22 Dec 2010 07:30

I'm trying to find my half brother DAVID JOHN MORGAN 24-6-52, born at Mildmay Hospital.

If anyone has knowledge of him, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Regards

Jim Maltby

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Dec 2010 08:18

Hi Jim - check in Search Trees top of this page to see if there are any connections on this site - good luck

By the way, tell us where Mildmay Hospital is, I for one, have no idea

Ann

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 23 Dec 2010 16:19

There is or was a Mildmay Mission Hospital in Hackney Road, London, according to google.
Liz

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 23 Dec 2010 22:16

Could this be the hospital - Liz

Mildmay Mission Hospital

Hackney Road, Shoreditch, E2 7NA

Medical dates:

Medical character:
1877 - 1982

Acute

During the cholera epidemic of 1866, the Revd William Pennefather (1816-1877), vicar of St Jude's in Mildmay Park, set out to help the East End sick, together with a team of Christian women (later to be known as Deaconesses).

In 1892 the Mildmay Mission Hospital, a charitable organisation, opened in Hackney Road as a memorial to Revd Pennefather and to serve the local population.

The Hospital joined the NHS in 1948 but government cutbacks in the early 1980s, singling out small district general hospitals as 'uneconomical', forced its closure in 1982.

Present status (December 2007)

The Hospital reopened in 1988 as an independent Christian charitable hospital caring for HIV/AIDS patients and their families. The first European AIDS hospice was established

Jim

Jim Report 24 Dec 2010 17:18

Mildmay Hospital is in London.

David was born there, but I've traced him to a military background; possibly RAF.

The trail goes cold there.

Jim

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 24 Dec 2010 17:28

Have you tried contacting the RAF, they should have a record of him, especially if he is on a pension. You could also try friends reunited, facebook or the electoral rolls, and a search on this site.
Good luck,
Liz