Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rhys Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 5 Jan 2011 17:12

HELP. I have come to a dead end trying to trace my Grandfather. His name was Rhys Morgan born around 1884 in or near Maesteg, Wales.
He worked with the pit ponies in a mine and left there to join the Army (Royal Horse Artillery?) I think he was injured in the Somme but rejoined to serve in Burma after WW2. He was stationed in Warwick when he met my Gran. He was married and widowed before meeting my Gran and marrying in 1933. I believe he also won a medal from the Fire Brigade, not sure where. He dies in Somerset in 1949. Can anyone help. I cannot find any birth records or war records. Thanks. Sue

Flick

Flick Report 5 Jan 2011 17:15

Buy either of his marriage certs, so you can learn his father's details

Flick

Flick Report 5 Jan 2011 17:16

.......................having said that, no marriage for Rhys Morgan in 1933.........

Who did he marry?

Flick

Flick Report 5 Jan 2011 17:18

Please can you say how you know where he was born?

Have you found him on any census records?

Flick

Flick Report 5 Jan 2011 17:20

If this is his death....................it seems that he was born a little earlier than you suggest

Name: Rhys Morgan
Death Registration Month/Year: 1949
Age at death (estimated): 67
Registration district: Taunton
Inferred County: Somerset
Volume: 7c
Page: 218

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Jan 2011 17:27

Is this the marriage ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1933

Davies Gladys - Morgan Bedwellty 11a 172
Morgan Rees - Davies Bedwellty 11a 172

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2011 16:34

Hi Flick. I have bought a copy of his marriage certificate. He was married in Taunton, Somerset sept 8th 1934 aged 50. He had been widowed. His fathers name was Thomas Morgan.

I haven't found him on any cencus records. My Mum thought that he was born in Maes teg.

Yes that is his death.

Thanks for your help. How can I found out anything else?