Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flynn Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosita

Rosita Report 16 Feb 2008 08:12

Trying to find family of Jerry and May Flynn emigrated in the 60's Rosita

Eileen

Eileen Report 16 Feb 2008 22:22

Any more details? I am happy to check the Electoral Roll for you..I live in Tasmania.Eileen
eg Is Rosita a place/State?

Eileen

Eileen Report 16 Feb 2008 22:23

Sorry..just realised Rosita is YOUR name. It is early Sunday morning!..Eileen

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 17 Feb 2008 00:16

Hi Rosita

Could Jerry be Gerard?

This might be them, assuming May was known by her 2nd given name:

FLYNN Gerard Peter born 2 April 1927; Hannah May (nee Roberts) born 6 June 1924; Gerard Raymond born 5 January 1950; Carol Pauline born 10 June 1951; George Thomas born 30 July 1954; Dorothy Alice born 18 July 1952; travelled per aircraft departing UK on 4 May 1965 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

If you think this is the right family, might be worth contacting the archives (naa.gov.au) to get a copy of the immigration papers. This should tell you places of birth as well as where they settled in Australia.

Good luck!

Cherilyn

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 27 Jun 2008 02:46

Hi, have not used this site for a while, my family emigrated to Australia in the 1960's my parents were
Gerard Peter Flynn born 1927, Hannah May Flynn born 1924, Raymond Gerard Flynn, Carol Pauline Flynn, Dorothy Alice Flynn and my youngest brother George Thomas Flynn, from Dorothy Alice Stening(nee Flynn)

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 10 Oct 2016 02:39

Hi Dorothy

I have just seen a post on Facebook of your sister carol pauline Flynn daughter claira cannon who is searching for her mum still. I noticed an old post on rootweb that you will be her aunty. If you type your sisters name in one the search bar in the google search you will see all posts. The details above from rosina are correct and you were all born in Crosby, Lancashire, england UK. If you look on ancestry.com you will find all your births under English births.

[email protected] is your nieces email and maybe if you don't already know her then both of you can be in contact now.

Hope this helps

God bless

Regards Sharonrose