Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

r.v.lewis chester road castle bromwich

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 25 Apr 2008 23:38

i was adopted in the sixties and this is all the info ihave on my father .made brief contact with my birth mother but it is not easy to keep contact as she is married and as was the norm for then noone in the family knows of my existence. sad but i do understand. never the less the info she managed to give me was good for me and helped but the info on my fathers side was limited as in a name r.v.lewis known as victor and he had a plant shop ! providing plant decorations for offices . she thinks he was on the chester road castle bromwich and later moved to hall green where i have manage to find an address robin hood lane but cant seem to get any further. it is quite likely he is no longer living as he was in his forties in the sixties and had a son who was about 9 so i have a half brother im really stuck any help would be great kind regards teresa

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 26 Apr 2008 00:04

have you tried 192.com there are a couple of likely matches but you have to pay to view the details.he doesnt appear in the death register.

Alison

Alison Report 27 Apr 2008 03:05

Just keeping a check on this.....

Alison

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 27 Apr 2008 08:39

Found this birth, a possibility?
LEWIS Robert Victor Barrow In Furness.8e 844 2 1887

Alison

Alison Report 13 May 2008 02:35

Hi Teresa,

Have you had any luck with this?