Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Glamorgan Record Office.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 13 Sep 2008 09:00

Hoping that that someone may be able to check burial registers for Graig Independant Chapel, Rhymney also known as Soar Y Graig where I am told my G Grandparents are most likely buried.

I do have the "Monumental Inscription" books for the cemetery but I can now only assume there is no headstone. I was advised that the records may not be in great condition and have not been transcribed by a FHS.

Will provide names and DOD and reference details if help is available.

Thankyou, Marilyn.
Sydney. Aust.

Paul

Paul Report 13 Sep 2008 10:05

Hello Marilyn,
Posted a PM
Paul

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 27 Jun 2013 12:55

After putting the above on hold for 5 years I am hoping another researcher may be looking at the same cemetery records.

Reggie

Reggie Report 27 Jun 2013 13:00

Was Paul's info of no help?

Have you looked in 'search all trees' for the relevant names? Someone else may be researching the same family.................

Have you tried contacting the Records office for the County?

They may be able/willing to look for info, in view of your location

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 27 Jun 2013 13:30

Thanks for your reply.

Paul did have a look at the records back in 2008 and apparently they were not in good condition and difficult to search.
I was living in hope that since then someone may have placed them in some order that was easy to search.
Yes I do check 'Search all Trees' weekly.

Kind regards.

Kuros

Kuros Report 27 Jun 2013 13:40

Rhymney cemeteries are now managed by Caerphilly Borough Council and they hold the records for these as far back as 1888. The people there are very helpful on the phone. I'd give them a try.

Caerphilly Borough Council
Tel: 01443 815588

Email: info@caerphilly.co.uk

Annie

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 30 Sep 2013 11:03

I have been advised that the only records available are the originals written in both English and Welsh and held at the Glamorgan record Office. Ref DIND1/1-3.
Hope someone may be able to assist.
Thankyou. Marilyn.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Sep 2013 15:11

Monumental Inscriptions
Glynneath, Addoldy Independent Chapel: £9.00: b: ... Rhymney Valley, Soar y Graig Congregational: £16.50: c: Rhymney Valley, Twyn Carno Ebenezer Calvinistic Methodist:
rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wlsglfhs/?book2.htm - Cached

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 2 Oct 2013 12:45

Thankyou Ann. As mentioned on my first post I do have the M I's for Soar Y Graig and since 2008 I have again been told that is where they are buried.