Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JERSEY LOOK-UPS OFFERED

Page 7 + 1 of 8

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eames

Eames Report 28 Sep 2011 09:43

Hi Jersey,

Sorry for not replying back sooner, as I had no internet until last night.

Gladys did marry a KIRWAN, and she did have 3 children mentioned above (James, Joan and Marjorie).

In 1911 Gladys resided with her mother, Rosa b 1871 (she stated married for 13 years). So if you could find more on Gladys (and her mother or both of her parents) I'd appreciate it. Hoping it would tally up to the other thread that 2 other members have found for me.

Thanks,

T

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 28 Sep 2011 17:54

Hello T

I've posted a reply on the main thread as there is so much information on it.

neil

neil Report 14 Aug 2012 22:59

Hi my name is Rita and i was pointed in your direction from Jonesey.
Here's hoping you can help. My husbands grandfather was called William Pittaway born 1879 he was adopted from Jersey to the Wolverhampton area and we have him on the 1891 uk census. He married in 1906, his marriage certificate states that his fathers name was Henry and that he was deceased. William died in 1967.
We have his full name as William Joshua Francis Pittaway. We would really like to find who his mother was and why he was adopted.

Here's hoping Rita

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Aug 2012 05:33

Hi Rita

I haven't seen Jerseylily around for several months.

and GR does not send out notifications re new postings on threads

May I suggest that you send her a pm (personal message) ...... just click on her name, type your message in the box that appears, and submit it.

GR will then send her an email to tell there is a message waiting in the internal system on here.

Good luck

sylvia

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 15 Aug 2012 08:27

JerseyLily has made posts this month so presumably she is still an active member of GR.

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 15 Aug 2012 10:02

Hi Rita

I am very much still around.

The only thing I can do is to look in the birth indexes and that will only bring results if Pittaway was his birth name and not the name of his adoptive parents. I'll see what I can do.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Aug 2012 21:16

sorry, jerseylily!!!