Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dorothy convery/ david yule ; born newcastle upon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ampaol

ampaol Report 4 Feb 2009 17:30

this is a long shot until i get more info ,but my mum would like to find dorothy convery late of newcastleupon tyne who wed david yule and emigrated to australia ,does anyone in uk or aus have any idea where they may be ,in there late 70s by now .dorothy had brothers andrew and thomas and sister molly (margaret)david also from england joined the australian air force .

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 4 Feb 2009 18:37

found this for a Miss D Convery

passenger transcript details
Name: Miss D CONVERY
Date of departure: 12 February 1954
Port of departure: London
Passenger destination port: Melbourne, Australia
Passenger destination: Melbourne, Australia

Date of Birth: 1933 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Female
Passenger recorded on: Page 22 of 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship:
Official Number:
Master's name:
Steamship Line:
Where bound:
Square feet:
Registered tonnage:
Passengers on voyage:
ORCADES
Norman Wesley Smith
Orient
Australia

Her home address is shown as
114 Silver Lonnen, North Fenham, Newcastle on Tyne

her occupation was a Typist

stephanie

ampaol

ampaol Report 12 Feb 2009 15:10

hi .i now have found more info on this lady (or rather my mum has remembered a few bits .)she wed a mr david yule who was in the australian air force they had 2 sons one named callum yule.and would have moved around a bit with his family ,last heard of in melbourne area .it is thought her sons were also in the air force. can anyone help me find dorothy /dot .
thankyou .

ampaol

ampaol Report 12 Feb 2009 15:12

forgot to say .the details given here by stephanie are the correct ones for my dorothy .

ampaol

ampaol Report 19 Apr 2009 15:04

this is just a nudge to see if anyone new may recall any of these people .thankyou .mary ;