Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

+CLOSED+ Emerald Ancestors

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 09:57

If anyone would like any info. for Emerald then I have just subscribed. I am not on computer everyday but I WILL let you have any info. I find :)
Andrea

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 5 Feb 2009 10:10

Hi Andrea,Thank's for the offer.Can you look up a marriage of Mary Ann Mcerlane to a John Logue circa 1871.I have her as born c 1854,Belfast and John as circa 1850,County Tyrone.

I'd appreciate any census information that you could give me on these people.Regard's,Cass

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 10:13

Here you are Cassidy

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 10 Jul 1871
Groom Name john LOGUE
Bride Name mary ann MCERLANE
Church Belfast Roman Catholic Church
Parish Belfast Urban 6
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

This is the only census info.:

Record Type Census 1851 Abstracts
Record Date 1851
Name John LOGUE
Age 8
Relationship in Household Son
Occupation
Townland Ballyhallaghan
Parish Clogherny
County Tyrone
Record Type Census 1851 Abstracts
Record Date 1851
Name John LOGUE
Age 45
Marital Status Married
Relationship in Household Head of Household
Occupation
Townland Drumman
Parish Donaghedy
County Tyrone

Andrea :)

Jean

Jean Report 5 Feb 2009 10:20

Hi Andrea, thank you for the very kind offer, i have been looking for births and marraige fot my gr.gr.grandparents far ages , maybe you could find them, they are John Moore d.o.b. c 1814 and Mary Mullan ( Mullen ) both i think born ib Derry as that is where their son was born,Not even sure about dates of birth for either, i am presuming c 1814 going by their childres d.o.b. thank you jean

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 5 Feb 2009 11:00

Thank's Andrea,Appreciated.CASS

sailorbaz

sailorbaz Report 5 Feb 2009 11:10

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for the offer.
I am looking for the marriage of my great grandparents. In the 1911 census for 5 Ballinahinch Road, Lisburn, C. Antrim, Anne Eliza Dunwoody is listed as widow, head of household, with her children - my grandfather William John Dunwoody and his 5 sisters. A grandson is also listed.
I don't know Anne's husband's first name but believe he was born in Dumbarton, Scotland. He died sometime between 1896 and 1911. It would be good if you could also find his death record.
Thanks Barry

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 5 Feb 2009 11:28

PLEASE IF YOU COULD LOOK UP
RICHARD HALES, M ELIZABETH COLEMAN
SON JOHN BORN POSS CORK1869
CAME HERE 1870

MANY THANKS
DIZZ

**chrispy**

**chrispy** Report 5 Feb 2009 11:58

Hi Andrea,
I have virtually no information but...
I do have a Robert Baillie born Kilkeney Ireland 1825. He was married in England in 1854 but must have gone back because his son William was born in Ireland in 1859. no idea of which district! After that they were all in England. Roberts' son William's name is mistranscibed as Bailey in 18871 census. Roberts wife was Sarah but she too was English.
Maybe a birth of a William Baillie 1859, father Robert mother Sarah will show up and maybe a birth of Robert Baillie in. Not much to go on!! I would love to track the Baillie family back.
Thanks for any help
Chriskilkenny 1825

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 5 Feb 2009 12:43

Hi Andrea

Thanks so much for your kind offer. I have found the marriage for my great grandparents recently on the new pilot site for family search. I would like to apply for the marriage cert but on the form it is asking for date of marriage, but family search only gave me the quarter of the marriage, any chance you might be able to find a date for me?. Their names are

Lizzie Ringwood.
Dublin south
1908, April - June quarter.

Her husband was not mentioned, but I did a comparison search and popped in the details that I already know about him, and came up with a match for the same year, place and quarter. Only difference was the scanned image numbers, just one digit apart. His name was Charles Sims.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance
Tracie.

Joy

Joy Report 5 Feb 2009 13:25

Oh yes, please, that is very kind of you.

A marriage, please, between a Samuel Nesbitt and Charlotte or Susan McCusker, between 1878 and 1888, possibly Galway.

Also, if there are parish registers for the 1850s in Fermanagh: baptisms, please, for Elizabeth McCusker and Susan McCusker, born about 1854 and 1856. Probably Protestant. Possibly Maguiresbridge or Brookeborough.

Thank you very much.

Kerry

Kerry Report 5 Feb 2009 13:34

Hello Andrea, I am desperate for any info on john oram/orm and mary connaughy from county mayo,charlestown I think they had a son patrick oram born there in 1862. I think they married in1860 any info on any of them especially on john eg birth reg.I thankyou for your kind offer.

Joy

Joy Report 5 Feb 2009 13:52

PS Have just realised it doesn't cover Galway.

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 14:38

Sorry Jean
Earliest birthdates 1824
:)

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 14:44

Sorry Barry unable to find anything :)

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 14:45

Sorry Barry unable to find anything :)

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 14:46

Hi Dizz Sorry N.I.only
:)

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 14:49

Hi**chrispy**
Sorry no birth for William with Robert as a parent :)

**chrispy**

**chrispy** Report 5 Feb 2009 15:09

Hi Thank you for trying to find William and Robert Baillie. Your help is appreciated.
Regards
Chris

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 Feb 2009 15:18

Sorry Tracie & Della

Emerald only covers N.I.
:(

Good luck :)

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 5 Feb 2009 15:19

Hi Andrea

I am such an idiot, Dublin is not in the area you mentioned, lol. But thanks for the look up offer anyway.

Best wishes
Tracie.