Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for UK Sadlers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 23 May 2009 20:31

My Name is Bill Sadler residing in South Africa and am searching for Sadlers related to the following. Thomas (c late 1700's) known as "Thomas of Graffham", owner of what is now known as "Woodcote Farm" married Emma Davis? 1818 - children Henry, Mary, Emma. Rev.Henry (1824-1904) Priest of Gibralter 1853/4, Curate St.James 1855/62, Curate Norvah, Cornwall 1862/7. Married Elizabeth Mary Serres(1833-1920) in 1860. Children Thomas Sefton, Harry, Eva, Alice, Arthur, Charles, William. I have been fortunate to have been given info regarding Thomas Sefton's family in Canada but unfortunately no contacts in the UK. I do have more info on THomas and Rev.Henry

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 23 May 2009 20:32

To find links on GR......check 'search trees'

Avril

Avril Report 4 Feb 2013 11:21

Hi Bill
My name is Avril also residing in South Africa.

Alice Elizabeth Sadler daughter of Elizabeth and Rev Henry Sadler was my
great-grandmother - she Married James Alfred Gribbin and their 1st born was my grandmother - Elizabeth Mary Serres Gribbin
Both families lived in Wakkerstroom and Rev Henry built the English Church in Wakkerstroom.
Would love to hear more about the Sadlers!
Regards
Avril

Potty

Potty Report 4 Feb 2013 12:47

Avril,

Bill's post is quite an old one and he may not still be following it. If you click on his name, you can send him a message through GR (as long as he still has the same email address).