Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Joseph Hall and family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 24 May 2009 01:47

Am trying to find a lead on the family of John Joseph and Daisy Jane HALL nee Maughan, who, in 1908 migrated to Saskatchewan in Canada. They seem to have settled in an area called Carrot River. When they sailed in 1908, their family was made up of John J Hall, Daisy wife, Dorothy, child, Lucy child,Craig [this should have been John Nicholas Craig], child, Frederick, child, and Desmond, child. Ther was mention of another chld Victor, but his name was crossed off. I have since found and purchased his death certificate, and he died in 1994 in Gosport, Hampshire.With the help of wonderful people, I have the family on the 1916 census, where it hase them at Carrot River, and Victor had joined them. 2 more children had been born, Alfred S. 6, born Saskatchewan, and Daisy, daughter, 4 born Saskatchewan. Daisy the mother had died in 1913.
I would like to be able to find out more about the family. John Joseph was my gr uncle, his brother Robert Nicholas, was my grandfather.
If anyone recognises any of the names I would really like to hear from them.
Bev

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 24 May 2009 09:56

Daisy J Hall
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Relation: Wife
Spouse's name: John J
Where born: Aukland, New Zealand

Civil Parish: Thorneyburn
Ecclesiastical parish: Thorneyburn
County/Island: Northumberland

Registration district: Bellingham
Sub-registration district: Bellingham
ED, institution, or vessel: 8
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 6
Household Members: Name Age
John J Hall 27
Daisy J Hall 24
Dorothy E Hall 2
Lucy A L Hall 1
John N C Hall 11 months
Thomas W Hall 19
Elizabeth Mole 18

Beverley

Beverley Report 14 Nov 2009 05:08

Dear Lindsay, Many thanks for your reply to my query about Joshn Joseph Hall, I do apologise for not answering sooner, but I thought Genes Reunited let people know when there was a respnse to a query, I have only found out this is not so.
I have that info on John Joseph and family you put on, thank you very much,. What I was hoping was to be able to find something about them when they were in Canada.
Bev