Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups - I will try to help

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 1 Aug 2009 15:27

Anyone stuck - Let me know and i shall try to help..

Joanne x

Celia

Celia Report 1 Aug 2009 16:51

Hi, im looking for a Henry Johnson born 1837, probably before the records began, in suffolk, Fathers name Robert, that is the only info i have, please can you help? Celia Oshea.

Jean

Jean Report 2 Aug 2009 10:20

n

Julie

Julie Report 2 Aug 2009 17:34

Hi
I'm looking for a Florence Emily Strange born abt 1880 in Hackney. She married Henry William Fuggles and the marriage certificate states her father as Charles William Strange, french polisher, but deceased by her marriage in 1910. We found one charles strange french polisher in hackney but this didn't seem to fit. Really need help with this one because we would like to about her family and parents. Thanks
Julie

Jean

Jean Report 2 Aug 2009 18:50

n

Peter

Peter Report 2 Aug 2009 19:15

my name is freda i have not been on genes reunited web site for a very long time,

my nan was amelia biggs (milly) she was married to john calderbank who was my dads father we have no info on him as he and my nan split up when my dad cyril calderbank was only 3yrs old

she re married after the war to william smith, he had a farm in westhoughton.

amelias parents were william biggs and elizebeth ellen biggs from shropshire, we have a lot about the biggs side of the family but nothing about john calderbank apart from he was born in 1903 and died in about 1956 ?

any help would be greatly appreciated
freda varley formally calderbank

Choccy

Choccy Report 2 Aug 2009 23:26

n

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 11:55

for Gail -

possibly -

Births Dec 1910 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMITH Bernard L S.Shields 10a 803

maryann

maryann Report 3 Aug 2009 13:35

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the kind offer.

Looking for a Ralph Hartley born 1897, parents John and Mary Hartley, have birth cert. looking for them on census? Ralph was born Manchester.

Many thanks

Mary

Hayley

Hayley Report 3 Aug 2009 13:56

Hi my name is Hayley Wyeth and i am trying to find a Fanny Hindle who i think was born in 1900 she married a Walter Eli Young on the 18th Dec 1937 in Todmorden, they had a son called Rennie who was born in june 1928, apart from that this is all the info i have.
I have tried looking as far as i can but no joy.

I am looking for both the birth and death certificates.

I would be very greatful if you can help me out on this one as i have no idea where else to look

Thank you Hayley :-)

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 16:12

FOR MARY

is this the Ralph Hartley you mean, actually born in 1893 and not 1897?

Births Jun 1893 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hartley Ralph Manchester 8d 334

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 16:13

by the way, where's Joanne disappeared to, the poster of this thread?

EVEIE

EVEIE Report 3 Aug 2009 16:17

IVE NO IDEA CHOCCY

maryann

maryann Report 3 Aug 2009 16:21

HI, not sure who is helping me now but, thanks anyway.

Yes I put the wrong date in for Ralph Hartley, you are right it is 1893!!! Can you find him on the census for me please with maybe his parents John and Mary Hartley and any siblings.

Many. many thanks

Mary

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 16:24

FOR MARY

think this is him on 1911 census with his mother Mary and a Thomas Hall (?)

HOUSEHOLD HALL THOMAS M 1857 54 Droitwich Worcestershire
HOUSEHOLD HARTLEY MARY F 1855 56 Droitwich Worcestershire
HOUSEHOLD HARTLEY RALPH M 1893 18 Droitwich Worcestershire

You will need to purchase credits to view the original.

Not finding him on 1901 census at the moment.

maryann

maryann Report 3 Aug 2009 16:25

HI again, thank you so very much.

Mary

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 16:40

FOR MARY

Thomas Hall 'could' be Mary's brother (?) if this is their marriage of course

Marriages Sep 1892 (>99%)

HALL Mary Ann Worksop 7b 51 *************
Hartley John Worksop 7b 51 *************
JACKSON John Thomas Worksop 7b 51
Otter Hannah Worksop 7b 51

If you look at the 1911 original, you might find out.

Have you any clues for the 1901 census!?

maryann

maryann Report 3 Aug 2009 17:20

Hi Choccy,

I have only a birth cert. for Ralph. His parents are given as John Hartley and a Mary Hartley formerly Buckley. Ralph died at in 1917 in Ypres during active service. On his CWGC the only other information is..... .son of Mary and John Hartley and husband of Jane Kathleen Hartley of 10 Penn Street, St. Paul's, Bristol. I have my mothers birth cert. (Ralph was her father) and her mother is given as Jane Kathleen Hartley formerly Jackson.

That's everything I have on him and I'm desperate to find out more.

I don't know why but, I think you are on the right track.........what do you think??

Many, thanks once again

Mary

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Aug 2009 17:36

Hi, I am looking for an Edward Frederick Butler I don't know the exact year he was born in but I am guessing around 1890 as his daugther was born in 1916, so he should be certainly on the 1901 census. Both his wife and daughter were born in Romford, Essex so he might have been born around there himself. Any help would be great!

Many Thanks,
Nicola

Choccy

Choccy Report 3 Aug 2009 17:47

FOR MARY

Marriages Mar 1912 (>99%)

Burgess Beatrice M Rathbone Swindon 5a 30
**************Hartley Ralph Pegg Swindon 5a 30
**************Pegg Jane K Hartley Swindon 5a 30
Rathbone Harry Burgess Swindon 5a 30

Not sure what the Jane Kathleen Jackson connection is yet.