Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find a marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Smürf

Smürf Report 22 Jan 2010 15:28

I'm trying to find a marriage between Johan Guib and Ehelena Beuder. Both were born in Germany and anglicised their names. Johan became John Gibb/Gibbs and Ehelena became Lena Bender.

Their first child was born in Tonbridge, Kent c1878 I can't find either of them in the 1881 census, but their son John is with his grandparents Agust/August Bender/Beuder living in Modest Corner, Southborough, Tonbridge, Kent in 1891.

Lena was living in london in 1871 but i don't think john came into the country until he was in his teens. I'm sure they would have married in the Tonbridge or London areas.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Choccy

Choccy Report 22 Jan 2010 16:18

Marriages Jun 1877 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******BENDER Lenah Fulham 1a 417
Denyer William Charles Fulham 1a 417
******Geib John Fulham 1a 417
Wheatley Annie Elizabeth Fulham 1a 417

Smürf

Smürf Report 22 Jan 2010 18:03

That's got to be them.

Thank you so much!

Smurf

x

Denise

Denise Report 8 Mar 2013 19:43

Hi,
I'm researching my mother's family tree - Nellie Turner.
My mother's grandparents were John & Lena Gibb, who lived in Tonbridge.
I just wondered if you have any information that would be helpful to me.
I have a copy of a newspaper clipping sent to me from an aunt in Tonbridge detailing the tragic death of John Gibb aged 60. I am happy to share this with you, if you are interested.
It would be lovely to hear from you.
Pat

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Mar 2013 19:51

Hello Pat, welcome to the boards.

Seeing as it's a few years since Smurf posted it might be an idea to click on their name and send a direct message - they may not be looking back on here for replies.

Denise

Denise Report 20 Mar 2013 21:26

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
Pat