Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edinburgh Records Office - POSTED!

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 1 Apr 2010 20:20

Posted on 5 & 6!

CLOSED TO ANY NEW REQUESTS!

Susan

Susan Report 1 Apr 2010 21:45

Hi Mhairi,

Can you help with some of these please.

Births
Mary McNeilly born c1861 Coatbridge parents Ronald McNeilly and Agnes Foster (sometimes spelt Maneiily)

Charles McNeilly c 1878 Coatbridge same parents as above.

Mary McNeilly c 1873 Coatbridge parents Charles McNeilly and Margaret Craig

Marriages

William Tracey to Mary Airlie think took place 11/07/1913 Blythswood according to child's birth cert.

Anthony McBride to a Janette Delaney possible 1956 Airdire

Deaths

Margaret McNeilly nee Craig 1891 possible Coatbridge husband was Charles McNeilly

Edward Hotchkiss Liddell 1910 Airdrie only mother named on birth cert as Mary Walker Liddell.

Jane Egginton Towers (nee Hare) 1987 Airdrie married to William Morrison Towers.

Have more but if you going again will ask.

Kind Regards Susan

Elaine

Elaine Report 1 Apr 2010 22:30

Hello Mhairi

Thanks for the kind offer,could you please look any other possible children for this couple
John Keane and Bridget Keane ms Joyce married in Glasgow in1907
1 child born in Bridge Of Weir Renfrewshire Bridget Keane 1909
i can't seem to find any other children John came from Ireland maybe he went back.

most appreciated
Elaine

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 1 Apr 2010 23:22

Hi Mhairi,

I wonder if you could please check this birth in Dundee for me?

No Year Surname Forename Sex District City/County/MR GROS Data Image Extract
1 1943 DYE JOHN M ST CLEMENT DUNDEE/ANGUS 282/02 0464 No Image ORDER

The parents should be John Dye and Mary Ferguson, interested in their marriage details as well from the birth registration they married in Dundee in 1939.
I would also be interested in their marriage certificate details if you have the time!! I think they married in July of that year but not 100% sure of this info.

I wonder if you can tell me if you are able to view the 1911 census in the Edinburgh Records Office.

Betty

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 1 Apr 2010 23:46

Hi Betty,

The Registrar General for Scotland does not plan to release the Scottish 1911 Census information until just after the date of the 2011 Census (27 March 2011), by which time "the 100 year closure period will have ended".

Patience ;))

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 2 Apr 2010 01:21

Hi Betty :)

As Frank says we aren't getting the 1911 Scottish census till next year (April at the earliest) but they are hoping to release it in Edinburgh and online at the same time so will definately be making some bookings when they announce the date and would be happy to look up families for you then.

That is a little while away though!

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 2 Apr 2010 08:43

Hi Frank and Mhairi,

Thanks for your reply re 1911 census. I know the census was not due until next year for the general public but I thought maybe it was just like the BMD's in the 1900's that you can't view on Scotlands People website but can view them in Edinburgh Records Office.

Betty

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Apr 2010 11:14

Hi Mhairi,
Thank you so much for the kind offer.

Can you please try and find a marriage or a death for Mary Campbell born c1913 in Greenock,Renfrewshire? Her parents were John and Henrietta Campbell (MS Graham).

Thank you,

Sandra

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 2 Apr 2010 13:53

Any idea who/when she married, Sandra? Or when she died? Or tell me when she was last known to be alive?

Its just that the name Mary Campbell is really common and it could be a fruitless search. Even if you could narrow down a ten/twenty year gap, that would help.

ScotlandsPeople has thrown out these, any possibles?

1978 CAMPBELL CATHERINE MARY (mother mn - GRAHAM) (BOYNE) F 67 OLD KILPATRICK /WEST DUNBARTONSHIRE 506/00 0393

1980 CAMPBELL MARY (mother mn - GRAHAM) (ROBERTSON) F 71 KILMARNOCK /EAST AYRSHIRE 666/00 0512

1990 CAMPBELL MARY FRASER (mothers mn - GRAHAM) (NEIL) F 75 HAMILTON /SOUTH LANARKSHIRE 577/00 0403

1986 CAMPBELL MARY GRAHAM (mothers mn - GRAHAM) (DOUGLAS) F 75 NEW KILPATRICK /EAST DUNBARTONSHIRE 507/00 0160

Regards
Mhairi

A Lancashire

A Lancashire Report 2 Apr 2010 15:21

Hi Mhairi
Thanks for your lovely offer, please would you look up a birth record for me?
It is for Anna Emily Bruce Sinclair [ formerly Anna Emily Bruce Laughton]
born c1916 Burray, Orkney
The details on her marriage certificate are
7/6/1945 at The Point, Burray, Orkney, after banns, according to Church of Scotland, Anna Emily Bruce Sinclair [Formerly Anna Emily Bruce Laughton], Cook, Spinster, age 29, residence The Point, Burray, Orkney, Father David Laughton, farmer, Mother Margaret Ann Bruce [afterwards married to James Sinclair, Seaman].
Registered at St Margaret's Hope, in the district of South Ronaldsay, Orkney
She married Thomas Frederick Chapman, batchelor, Royal Navy, age 28, of 59, Lundhill Top, Wombwell, Yorks.
Grateful Thanks
Molly

Foggy

Foggy Report 2 Apr 2010 18:05

Hi Mhairi,

Thanks for your kind offer of a look-up at Edinburgh.

I am trying to find any children born to Alexander Williamson and Helen Janet Ramsay who were married on the 13 October 1911.
He was a company porter at leith docks, so looking on SP for leith I have found 2 entries that could possibly be their children.
If you have time could you please check them out for me.

1913 Allan Ramsay Williamson leith south 692/02 1131
1915 Mary Newton Williamson Leith south 692/02 0079
1918 George Ramsay Williamsao leith south 692/02 0573

I am not sure if they had any other children.

Thanks if you can help.

David Ramsay

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Apr 2010 18:11

Mhairi,
I can't find anything on her at all, I know it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. These Campbells are doing my head in.
Her birth can only be about five years out (if that)

The last one looks promising from your list as some of her siblings have Graham as a middle name.

1986 CAMPBELL MARY GRAHAM (mothers mn - GRAHAM) (DOUGLAS) F 75 NEW KILPATRICK /EAST DUNBARTONSHIRE 507/00 0160

Perhaps this one -
1980 CAMPBELL MARY (mother mn - GRAHAM) (ROBERTSON) F 71 KILMARNOCK /EAST AYRSHIRE 666/00 0512

Thank you.

Sandra

tokan

tokan Report 2 Apr 2010 18:41

Thank you so much for the help with look ups, most generous of you.I have a great deal of trouble with scotlands people records as the images are very unclear.
any info you can find on the following would be of great help:
birth of William McMillan 21 dec 1919 would like to know parents names, as no image available to view.
birth of Thomas Gourlay c1901/2 once again would be interested in parents name and maiden name of mother.both of these records are for Greenock Renfrewshire. thank you so much and enjoy your trip!

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 2 Apr 2010 20:18

Hi Sandra,

It would help Mhairi if you could narrow it down to where she lived or married.
Just to illustrate this, there were 44 Mary Campbell births between 1910-1915 in Renfrewshire.

Even the records picked up by Mhairi have two deaths north west of Glasgow, one 15 miles south of Glasgow and one 25 miles south of Glasgow.

If you can't narrow it down then as Mhairi says Mary Campbell is really common and it could be a fruitless search

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Apr 2010 22:27

Hi Frank,
I can't narrow it down, I just can't find anything else on her, she's a mystery. Needle and haystack come to mind.

Mhairi, thank you for trying, don't bother wasting your time on this one, I'll have a look and see if I can find something easier for you. LOL.

Sandra

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 2 Apr 2010 22:50

Hi Sandra

I'll see what I can do, but can't promise anything. Though I'm probably going to have a good look as I love a good challeng! :D

Do you have any more info on her family? Like siblings births/marriages/deaths? When/where did her parents marry ect? Or their deaths?

We could be lucky and find her as a informant/witness.

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Apr 2010 23:16

Mhairi, this is what I have -
Her parents married 29-12-1905 at The Manse, Ratho Street, GREENOCK Renfrewshire. Siblings were
Agnes 1906, she married James Letson 28-10-1927, Greenock.
William Campbell c1907
John Campbell c1908
Henrietta Graham Campbell c1909, married John? Miller
Elizabeth c1910
James Graham Campbell c1911
Thomasina c1912
Mary Campbell c1913
Flora c1914, married Roger Brogan
Sheena Campbell c1916, married James Paul 1945 Greenock.

They were all born in Greenock. If you can find anything on any of them I would be really grateful.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Sandra

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 2 Apr 2010 23:18

Perfect :D

Thanks Sandra.

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Apr 2010 23:27

Mhairi,
Thank you so much for perservering with me and good luck cause these Campbells are really doing my head right in.

Sandra

Carole

Carole Report 3 Apr 2010 05:22

Thanks for your kind offer. I am new to this so I hope you are able to help me.

Birth
Mary Wilson 1889 or around thier. Born in Abadeen Scotland I think or that is where she live. I dont know who her parents are only that she had a sister margaret I think she had at least one brother but dont know his name.
Also her husband George Taylor I think he was bron around the same time as Mary.

Marraige

Mary Wilson and george Taylor dont have any idea when they got married only that it was in adadeen scotland.
Death
George Taylor died in abadeen scotland around 1916.

Once again thank you for your help.

Cheers
Carole