Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rev Henry Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hazel

Hazel Report 5 Apr 2010 16:39

I am trying to find members of the Rev Henry Smiths family as he was my grandfather his son James was my father. He came from Logie-Coldstone in Aberadeen and became minister of lady church in the Orkneys in 1904 he Married Maria Watt from Strathardle, Pearthshire,and they had 3 children. Maria died and he married Margaret Anderson from Harry Orkneys Scotland and they had 7 children I'm hoping that someone might know of this family and I am sure that there are still living members

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2010 20:18

found this on google

Smith, Henry, M.A. 1886 ; B.D. 1890.

S. of Harry S. ; b. Logie-Coldstone [29th Oct. 1859].
Minister of Burray, Orkney, ordained 1896.

Smith, Henry Ashetofi, M.A. 1879.

Full text of "Roll of the graduates of the University of Abe...
2^ Afis^us, Henry, D.D. 1889. S. of Rev. Henry A. ; [b. Aberdeen, 21st Mar. ...... S. of Rev. George D. [LL.D. 1886, q.v.] ; b, Logie-Coldstone, 31st Aug. ...... Member of the Society of Advocates in Aberdeen, admitted 1891. Smith. ...

www.archive.org/stream/rollgraduatesun00johngoog... - 996k - Similar pages

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2010 20:20

Acts - 1796 | British History Online
From the Presbytery of Cupar, Mr Robert Bogie at Logie, Mr Robert ... Colonel Alexander Monypenny of Pitmilly, Professor Henry David Hill, St Andrews, ruling elders. ... From the Presbytery of Aberdeen, Dr George Gordon at Aberdeen, ... Mr Robert Farquharson at Logie Coldstone, Mr Alexander Mearns at Cluny, ...

www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=601... - 59k - Similar pages

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=60198

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 Apr 2010 21:55

Hello Hazel. Why not try putting the names you are looking for into the search box above to see if any members on this site have them in their tree? If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner. Regards. Cx