Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look up - Leonard Rolfe

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Jan 2013 20:55

This must be the baptism of that chap so we can possibly eliminate him as the father's name is wrong:

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906
Name: Leonard Rolfe
Record Type: Baptism
Baptism Date: 16 May 1886
Father's Name: Thomas Rolfe - labourer
Mother's Name: Emily Mary Rolfe
Parish or Poor Law Union: Poplar All Hallows
Borough: Tower Hamlets
Register Type: Parish Registers

born 12 April 1886

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Jan 2013 21:06

While I was looking for records I came across the photo on Ancestry, I'd suggest getting someone who knows about cars (I do think it may be American, but not sure) to take a look and give you an idea of the era.

The chap in the photo doesn't look very old (30-ish?) so it may give some perspective if you identify the car.

Manxade

Manxade Report 4 Jan 2013 21:30

Thank you, yes I think you're right on both counts

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Manxade

Manxade Report 5 Jan 2013 12:55

I posted the picture on the Antique Automobile Club and just received a reply that the car is a possibly a 1949 Studebaker Convertible which sadly tells me it is unlikely to be my Ggrandfather as he would have to be aged at least 64, very disappointing :( that is the end of my thread then!

Thanks all

Adrienne