Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE DONT POST ABOUT THE SAME PERSON TWICE

Page 1 + 1 of 2453

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 21 Apr 2014 16:22

For those of you who haven't been on FB go and see the photo I posted of my Easter bunnies :-|

Linda

Linda Report 21 Apr 2014 16:20

Forgot to pop in :-)

I have started to get my FT paperwork into order. Been a couple of years since I even looked at it. You all know why.

It is like starting all over but I have got the bug again :-D

Nice to see Joy and Mo.

We were playing catch up on tv Mo watching the Crimson Field.

Its about nurses in WW1.

Ok got to get back to it as we have the girls for the next 2 days so won't get any peace to do anything ;-)

Gins

Gins Report 21 Apr 2014 14:23

Glad you enjoyed yesterday Cyns

Ive spent most of today doing, VAT, invoicing, course prep and searching for my teaching qualifications (certs) as they are needed at a college

So, Im going to chill now

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Apr 2014 08:53

Morning all...and thank you for the crumpets Gins.....please could I have some Marmite on mine. I have to be in the mood to eat eggs...... ;-)

Very busy but very good day yesterday. I prefer Easter to Christmas so, you could say, I am a happy Easter bunny!!!

Am in shock about Dea almost forgetting that she was hungry......that's a first!

Not sure about today but will wait and see.

Hi Mo and Joy.......lovely to see you. (doesn't Mo talk funny? ;-) )

Quick browse and off to see what needs doing.

Dea

Dea Report 21 Apr 2014 08:51

Good morning all :-)

Thank you Ginns <3

I have done me a bit of bacon to go with them and left some extra keeping warm in case anyone else wants some .............

Have a lovely day everyone <3

Dea Xxx

Gins

Gins Report 21 Apr 2014 08:34

Mornin all~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely to see you Joy <3

Hard poached eggs indeed :-0

Kettle is on.......crumpets and soft poached eggs on top

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 20 Apr 2014 23:45

LOL-Gins. I know exactly what you mean!

When we were in New Orleans last month I ordered a poached egg and was asked if I wanted it hard or soft (darlin'). A hard poached egg??????

What's on TV Linda? Our set gave up the ghost last week. It's been lovely and quiet here. Mike is just waiting for some big "sale $$$" to get a new one and I just know it will be one of those VERY large objects that will involve rearranging furniture and lots of creative cursing. ;-) :-|

Waves to our Joy ~~~~~~~~~ <3

Moxxxx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 20 Apr 2014 22:53

<3

:-)

Linda

Linda Report 20 Apr 2014 20:39

At last sitting down watching tv.

Had a lovely family meal now planning on a relaxing evening :-D

Gins

Gins Report 20 Apr 2014 16:32

Mo

When I was first in NY, I ordered eggs sunny side up........SNOT

Future eggs were ordered over easy ;-)

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 20 Apr 2014 14:25

Happy Easter to all !

The sunrise this morning was one of those pastel-pink and blue and light ceam creations. Had a nice moment to myself (with cig in hand ;-)) before the squirrels and birds got up.

Dea-I thought the poached egg on one of Toots' cookies would be a tad more portable. Little did I know that I'd be hiding behind a door. Thank you as always.

Love to all and to the newest twiglet Aodhan <3 <3.

Moxxx

Linda

Linda Report 20 Apr 2014 11:34

Happy Easter everyone.

Just had some of that breakfast am surprised there was anything left :-)

I was so hungry been on the phone for ages catching up with my brother and hadn't had anything to eat.

Lovely sunny day here off to get the food organised for tonight.

Dea

Dea Report 20 Apr 2014 09:19

Thank you Ginns - I got carried away looking for something on a Canadian birth and almost forgot I was hungry, :-D :-D :-D

A Happy Easter to you all <3

Dea Xxx

Gins

Gins Report 20 Apr 2014 09:14

Mornin~~~~~~~~~

Cyns is busy today so.......

Kettle is on, bacon butties with over easy eggs

Happy Easter <3

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Apr 2014 08:19

Wishing you all a very Happy and Blessed Easter.......... <3

Linda

Linda Report 19 Apr 2014 19:59

The little one has been named Aodhan John. He was born at 3.30am and weighed 8lbs 2oz .

Have seen photo's he is gorgeous cant wait to get a cuddle :-D

Gins hope you are having fun at the party <3

Gins

Gins Report 19 Apr 2014 16:00

A new little life in the world <3

Dea, we're having a delivery curry to home, just family

Will be nice to get everyone around the table and have a natter

Dea

Dea Report 19 Apr 2014 12:24

A Happy birthday to the new little boy and to Ginns son <3 <3

I knew there was someone on here with as birthday around the same time as my son but couldn't remember who (thought it was connected to Cynthia as I think her grand-daughter's was very recent).

My son was 40 on Thursday - It sure makes you feel old when your children get to that age! ;-) :-D

Have a lovely day everyone,

Dea Xxx

Linda

Linda Report 19 Apr 2014 11:14

Morning all,

Got woken up this morning by a car alarm :-(

DIL's brothers partner had a little boy this morning :-)

Its a lovely sunny day hope it lasts

Gins are you having a party or going out. Happy birthday to your son xx

Dea

Dea Report 19 Apr 2014 09:48

Cynthia - did you just edit your post as I could have sworn that you said something about being "6 sheets to the wind" ?? :-S

I did think it strange that you should be quite so inebriated at this time in the morning !! :-S :-0 :-D :-D

Do be careful Mo - a very annoying little friend of my son's came to tea once when they were both about 8 or 9. - He complained loudly and quite rudely that his ice cream was too cold so I asked him if he would prefer it hot !! - YES, he demanded so I put it in the microwave and then placed it back in front of him. He managed to get through about half but seemed to behave a lot better when he was over after that ;-) :-D

I will put your poached egg gently onto a slice of buttered toast and serve your cookie as a pudding............................. (Just this once mind!!! ;-) )

Dea Xxx