Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE DONT POST ABOUT THE SAME PERSON TWICE

Page 16 + 1 of 2452

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jax

jax Report 4 Jul 2010 17:28

Why start a thread offering to do scottish look ups...then b%&***r off and people keep adding to it...cant they see he has'nt been back?
At least I dont have any foreign ancestors they all lived within a 50 mile radius of London

ja...x

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2010 17:29

We can't carry on without you Gin !!

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2010 17:33

We need to get back to 3,000 and what was it ???

Dea xz

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2010 17:57

This is a VERY slow thread - it will never get back to 3000 + at this rate !!!!!!!!!!!

Come on people !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dea Xxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Jul 2010 18:48

Hi all

Problem with having to read 4 pages or more before I post means I forget what I read 4 pages back .................. so won't attempt to comment, in case I make a mistake.

There was somehting about women working at the speed of computers though, wasn't there? Of course, we can :))))

we's clever!

Had a great time last night

as per usual over here, dress code varied from t-shirt and pants (couple of the men) to "garden-party" summer dress (some of the women). About 10 per cent of the men wore suits, the rest wore blazer or sport coat with pants.

In other words, I fit right in!

Food good :)))

After-dinner entertainment, to begin the dancing ........... an Elvis Presley impersonator

to be more precise .......................... a Chinese-Canadian Elvis Presley impersonator!

He acknowledged his ancestry with comments about Jackie Chan

He was good!!!

s
xxxx

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 4 Jul 2010 18:49

Excuse me Dea.

Everyone is allowed a dinner hour (or 2)surely???

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jul 2010 19:01

Yes hey are FBG !!

Have to go and liisten to the Archers !!!!

Will come back soon .

Dea x

Gins

Gins Report 4 Jul 2010 19:06

Glad you had a good time Sylv.....and so glad all the men wore 'pants'

although I do feel pants an a tee shirt are more for bed time dress

Sighs....maybe Im just old fashioned

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Jul 2010 20:01

Gins

I did think the T-shirt and trousers were a leeeetle bit too casual. Like you, I'm old-fashioned that way!

Both were actually members of the family, one being a pretty severely mentally handicapped young man in his 20s ...... maybe understandable in his case.

s
xxx

Renes

Renes Report 4 Jul 2010 20:01

Please help - are we all now reading the responses - before we read who members are seeking - or has my system gone doo lally

Gins

Gins Report 4 Jul 2010 20:16

Hi Irene

Not sure what you mean hun

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 4 Jul 2010 20:23

Cinderella's back.

Glad you had a good time at the Ball.

Gins

Gins Report 4 Jul 2010 20:33

Annnd....who deleted....never delete, just edit

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Jul 2010 20:37

it wasn't me

.... I always edit to say why I'm deleting

and I also wonder what Irene meant?

s
xxx

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 4 Jul 2010 20:38

Hello Cinders ~~~~~

I dont know what Irene means neever..

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 4 Jul 2010 20:38

Wish your daughter a happy birthday Jax.

I am not sure what half these posts mean.

They refer to something somewhere else.

No directions.

Renes

Renes Report 4 Jul 2010 20:41

Well unless the sun has fried my brian - I thought yesterday when flicking thru threads - I would read looking for granny bham 1879 .......etc - then following on would be the researchers responding with BMD census etc - now when I click on TTF - I am reading the latest post -ie all the answers first - also on this thread - your first advise paragraph is now the last entry - - I think my mind has gone - or is this old age !!!!

EDIT - actually it was brain - not poor Brian being fried !!!

Renes

Renes Report 4 Jul 2010 20:42

Well unless the sun has fried my brian - I thought yesterday when flicking thru threads - I would read looking for granny bham 1879 .......etc - then following on would be the researchers responding with BMD census etc - now when I click on TTF - I am reading the latest post -ie all the answers first - also on this thread - your first advise paragraph is now the last entry - - I think my mind has gone - or is this old age !!!!

EDIT - actually it was brain - not poor Brian being fried !!!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 Jul 2010 20:42

Slopped a dripper, Rindycella???

Take no notice of me.....I have a story on Cinderella where all the words are back to front.....v. funny.

I have pm'd Irene to see if we can help.

Had a bit of a rocky evening with daughter so am only half concentrating. Not that that makes much difference on here!

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 4 Jul 2010 20:43

Seems to me your Puter is the one that has a fried brain Rene..