Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can any one help!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Oct 2010 20:01

im placing this for my sister,i found her mothers details on here,but theres no where to send a message ect.so if anyone can hep it would be great,
this is what i have put on friends reunited and facebook.......

my sister rachel is looking for her birth mother,i have located her on your site,but there no other way of contacting mailing her.
so if anyone knows anything please contact me and i will pass any iformation on.
her biological mothers name is sheila margaret greene,and sheilas mother was mary alice kelly,in approx 1982 s...heila married a man by the name of henry chester gill.he was in the army sheila was born 1956,and rachel was adopted out
at 3yrs old.her birth name is rachel vanda green,
but her adoptive name is wheeler.last known address ect was east glamorgan in wales.
See More

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2010 20:21

where have you located her on this site?

Has she got a tree?

jax

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Oct 2010 20:28

no she hasn't i tried to add people we had found ,but it kept saying error.is there any way of finding members on here.

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2010 21:03

You have been trying to send messages to people to view thier tree? or to speak to them? I'm not sure what you mean by located her on this site unless she is in someone elses tree, which I have just had a look and no one has her

jax

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2010 02:45

sorry no i found her birth records on here thats it

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2010 10:50

The birth records you see in the 'search' records are the gro indicies - to enable you to purchase a copy of the event certificate.

Not sure if this will work, but....

If you can find the same records on freebmd (they only go up to about 1945ish) you could try adding a 'post 'em'. Get a throwaway email account like hotmail or google only to be used for this, and leave a message asking to be contacted. Don't say its about an adopted out daughter as that could be quite a shock if a close birth relative didn't know about it. Perhaps the wording could be something like
'Trying to contact descendents/relatives of XXXX, please email XXXX@XXXXXX'

Make sure your virus checker is uptodate!