Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Catto & Jean Moir m 5 Dec 1786

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 2 Jan 2011 19:40

I am struggling to find any of the parents of William Catto and Jean Moir who married on 5 December 1786. The banns say that William was from the parish of Banchory Devenick and Jean was from the parish of Peterculter. The 1841 Census shows William aged 80 living in West Cookston in Banchory Devenick along with his daughter Elizabeth. So it is likely that his wife pre-deceased him. Can anyone help me find their parents?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jan 2011 19:49

where is Banchory Devenick?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jan 2011 19:51

found this

spouse: Elspet Craig
marriage: 02 Oct 1759 — Banchory Devenick, Kincardine, Scotland

record title: Scotland Marriages, 1561-1910
groom's name: James Catto
bride's name: Elspet Craig
marriage date: 02 Oct 1759
marriage place: Banchory Devenick,Kincardine,Scotland
indexing project (batch) number: M11251-2
system origin: Scotland-ODM
source film number: 993307

Colin

Colin Report 2 Jan 2011 23:03

Hi Ann
Thanks for your suggestion for William's parents. I think they may be the ones
Do you have any similar suggestions for the parents/birth date of his wife, Jean Moir?