Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing birth family name of perry

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 1 May 2012 21:41

Hopefully someone may be able to help me . i was born in 1943 to patents catherine and sydney charles Perry. i was born at the haymeads hosp in bishops strortford Hertfordshire, unfortunatley that is where i was left and then taken toa childrens home along with a sister as i have been told then named brenda, also i think i had two older brothers . I am desperatley longing to now find out more and to why i was abandoned at birth > i would really appreciate any help on this matter xx

Penny

Penny Report 1 May 2012 21:42

werte you later adopted? Maybe you should source your file

Do you have a birth cert? Who registered your birth?

Penny

Penny Report 1 May 2012 21:51

There is an obvious marriage in the right place, 1935, Sidney Perry & Catherine ( very unusual surname in my opinion)

it does look like you were one of 4

Births Sep 1936
Robert H
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1939
David
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1941
Brenda

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 1 May 2012 21:51

Pm'd the names of parents and siblings

It could be that your father didn't move out of the area as there is a death registered for a Sidney Charles Perry who was born 6th January 1913 and died in 1979 aged 66 years

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 1 May 2012 22:26

Interesting that there isn't a 4th birth.

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 2 May 2012 14:57

Thanku too everyone who has taken the time to help me in my search its greatly appreciated

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 9 May 2012 17:28

I have now traced a marriage cert for my parents hopefully it will arrive soon and can perhaps help me with my search. Ime really running out of ideas and search options if anyone can help me i would be so grateful.

Catherine

Catherine Report 9 May 2012 17:52

There also seems to be a birth in 1944, Chelmsford, Essex for a Patricia A., with the same mother's maiden name, so it looks as though there could have been 3 girls and 2 boys.

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 9 May 2012 21:01

thankyou catherine, the plot thickens! definatley wasnt considering that their could be a 5th child as she didnt want the other 4, will look into it xx

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 14 May 2012 21:57

have now been on people tracer and ime about to write a hundred letters in hope that one of them may be my brother or sister, is this a good idea do you think?

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 14 May 2012 22:38

I'm not familiar with how to go about or the best way to go about contacting possible kin.

If you want lots of advice and opinion perhaps ask the question on General Chat.

It won't hurt to think for a couple of days, take time to create that letter. Perhaps see if anyone on here can offer advice that is going to be cheaper, maybe more effective than a mass of letters.

xJ

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 14 May 2012 22:45

I wonder if the siblings kept their birth reg names.

There are 9 marriages for Patricia A Perry and 1 for Patricia CA Perry on GR between 1958 and1968.

I looked on trees and no one is looking for a Patricia. I wouldn't mind checking for the same info for the others tomorrow.

xJ

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 14 May 2012 23:18

Margaret Rse,

Best to sit down and compose a letter that will not give too much info away but enough clues to get them curious.

Better sending letters out than phone calls which could upset the people on the other end of the line.

Good Luck.
Sue

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 15 May 2012 11:33

thankyou you jill , very much appreciated x

thankyou sue, i have composed a letter < there are few that stand out so will be posting them ones first x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 May 2012 11:50

Good Luck Margaret Rose..

Sue

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 21 May 2012 19:51

still no joy , have sent a few letters now but sadly have had no replies :-(

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 May 2012 20:29

Margaret Rose.

It's only been about 5/6 days..you have togive them the chance to sit and read the letter and digest it al..Sorry that may sound awful.But I waited around 3/4 months before I said those words.

I wrote again after 5 months but I still haven't heard anything,but it's their loss not mine.

Hugs
Sue

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 21 May 2012 20:45

Hi sue, i know ime being a bit inpatient . its so strange that i have had all these years to look but have only decided to do it now , ime so sorry that you havnt recieved replys also .

regards margaret x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 May 2012 21:24

Margaret,
I wrote to both of my half sisters son's(my nephews)as they only live 5 miles from me.but as I said they haven't wrote back..
Must be because their mother gave them a tale that wasn't a 100% right.

But as I said it's their loss as they have a big family from me.

Also wrote to eldest half sister's daughter(niece)in OZ but same thing happened.

Sad that they don't want to know but nothing I can do about it.

Sue xxx

Margaret Rose

Margaret Rose Report 20 Jun 2012 18:17

unfortunatley i still seem to have no leads as yet on either robert,david,brenda or patricia and there may have possibly been another birth after patricia. does anyone have any ideas on what my next step should be please xx