Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WILLIAM BUCKLEY @ STOKEHALL FARM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacki

Jacki Report 7 Nov 2012 11:05

Hi there,
does anyone know if i would be able to find out from the web? about stokehall, when was it sold off who took over the farm when he died and wife mary took over until she left to live with her sons.

is there anywhere i can find some pics of the inside? we are wondering if they had any family pictures on the walls.?
I know this may seem a very weitrd thing to ask about but yes i am weird.... heheheh

thanking ou
jacki b

Dea

Dea Report 7 Nov 2012 11:23

Do a search on google - there is plenty of info there.

I pressume it is the one in Cheshire?

Dea x

Andrew

Andrew Report 7 Nov 2012 11:25

Where is Stokehall Farm? and when did William die?

Have you tried a google search?

Andy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Nov 2012 12:30

To find ANY info about ANY website...................GOOGLE

Jacki

Jacki Report 9 Nov 2012 11:33

i have googled it and have pictures of it before and after they made it into flats... just wondering if there were any other bits of info i maybe able to find..

am wondering who is was eventually sold to or who took over.. i have william's will etc, good reading..

realy i was hoping i maybe able to see if William had any family portraits with in the place so i could see what he looked like, but the chances of that im sure are limited or even non existant..

thnx reg.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Nov 2012 13:02

I would think that's a bit of a pipe-dream..and , being realistic, if there were any 'portraits' in the farm, any photos taken of the rooms would hardly show them clearly enough to know who or what they represented.

You say you have his Will...surely any family portraits would have been bequeathed to his heirs, so you'd know if they existed.

Jacki

Jacki Report 11 Nov 2012 09:44

yes u r right , but its nice t have dreams, i wouldnt know Reggie if any exists as i explained before i didnt grow up with my family so any info i have is from years of searching and years of peoples time and help.

im am still going to dream that maybe one day, just one day i may find a picture of one of my family somewhere along the line.......... have a grt day Reggie.

jacki b :-D

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Nov 2012 12:29

Jacki - for ownership history of property try the Land Registry website.

Jacki

Jacki Report 3 Dec 2012 20:13

thank you very much for that marieceleste, will let you know
thnx again