Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up please - Marriage of William Innes Dixon.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 25 Nov 2012 21:47

HI, I'm trying to find William Dixon's first marriage, he was born 1910 in Co Durham, so I assume his marriage was sometime in 1930s. His father's name was also William. His second marriage was in 1942 to M Sainsbury.

Many thanks

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 21:51

This is the only other marriage of a William I Dixon after 1928 - I assumed he would be at least 18:

Marriages Mar 1933 (>99%)
Dixon William I Morris Newcastle T. 10b 124
Morris Vida B Dixon Newcastle T. 10b 124

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 21:53

2nd marriage for Vida:

Marriages Sep 1943
Morris Vida B Norman Durham N. 10a 1237
Norman Kenneth D Dixon Durham N. 10a 1237
Norman Kenneth D Morris Durham N. 10a 1237

Jan

Catherine

Catherine Report 25 Nov 2012 21:55

Any idea if he had any children with his first wife,and if yes then what were their names and approx dates and place of birth?
The birth record for one of them will give you mother's maiden name and so it will be easier to confirm any marriage found.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 21:57

I am guessing the info might have been from the marriage cert? Did it say divorced or widower?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 22:02

Name: Ian H Wood
Spouse Surname: Norman Or Dixon ( Vida B Norman)
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1949
Registration district: Newcastle upon Tyne
Inferred County: Northumberland
Volume Number: 1b
Page Number: 324

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 22:04

I am sure this is the Vida who married the William I. Dixon above. However, to be sure sit was your William you need that marriage cert.

Name: Vida Beatrice Wood
Birth Date: 25 Dec 1913
Date of Registration: Jul 1986
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Inferred County: Tyne and Wear
Volume: 2
Page: 319

Jan

Angela

Angela Report 25 Nov 2012 22:11

HI brummie Jan and Catherine, many thanks for your prompt responses. I think William had a daughter, Sheila, with his first wife, who was born in 1930s.

thanks once again.

Angela

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Nov 2012 22:13

You need to search Freebmd - all the above info can be found on there, free and easy to search.
Jan