Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Thomas Norris

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 28 Nov 2012 23:00

if you are sure that Alice died in 1929, then could you say which of the above deaths is hers please.

Do you have her death certificate, what exactly does it say?

Ann

Ann Report 8 Dec 2012 23:29

Hi Catherine,
Sorry for the delay in returning my reply,
Catherine I do have Alice S Norris's death certificate, i know this is the right one because its stated the same address of which her husband had on his death. Her death was in1929 "Alice S Norris " of 79 Giffin Street.
Many thanks Ann

Reggie

Reggie Report 1 Dec 2013 18:54

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1334642

mgnv

mgnv Report 2 Dec 2013 04:27

Just a couple of comments:

Catherine - an extra mid initial of S is the one letter that wouldn't have worried me.
Using the names of this thread in place of the real names, my paternal gran was born as Alice Stanton, married as Alice Stanton, and died as Alice Stanton Norris.
Similarly, my maternal grandad was born and married as James Thomas Norris, but died as James Thomas Stanton Norris.

Sylvia - I'm wondering if Husler is a misspelling of Hostler, possibly combined with a mistranscription - I can't see the original image.

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Dec 2013 09:52

Old thread, mgnv.

I was highlighting the connection with a new thread