Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 11:35

How do i go about searching german records. i do not have much to go on and the spelling of the name could even be wrong :-( I have started emailing polish institue for records of my polish family.

Many thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Dec 2012 11:52

Mark, why not give us an example of who you are looking for and we'll see if we can get you started.

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 12:18

Thank you.

Josef Urbanski Married" Maria Kolpacka" ?????

They had 3 children as far a i know. my father KONRAD JOSEF URBANSKI. and max urbanski and halina urbanski

many thanks x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 14:44

can you give us some relevant dates Mark - and where in UK did they settle

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 14:47

plenty of Josef Urbanski's on the census, - mostly from Poland, some from Germany and Russia - all of whom emigrated to USA

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 15:41

My father is the only one who settled over here. all i know is she was born c1906.

i can trace the urbanski side. i just cant trace anything on her apart from knowing she was german.

Sorry this is no help i know. im just wondering how i go about searching the german records ??

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 18:14

you've not said where over here they settled

this free site covers Germany and most of the globe

www.familysearch.org

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 18:20

My father settled in nottingham. Konrad Josef Urbanski. He married Shelia Salt.

He was the only one to come over here . x