Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 11:35

How do i go about searching german records. i do not have much to go on and the spelling of the name could even be wrong :-( I have started emailing polish institue for records of my polish family.

Many thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Dec 2012 11:52

Mark, why not give us an example of who you are looking for and we'll see if we can get you started.

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 12:18

Thank you.

Josef Urbanski Married" Maria Kolpacka" ?????

They had 3 children as far a i know. my father KONRAD JOSEF URBANSKI. and max urbanski and halina urbanski

many thanks x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 14:44

can you give us some relevant dates Mark - and where in UK did they settle

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 14:47

plenty of Josef Urbanski's on the census, - mostly from Poland, some from Germany and Russia - all of whom emigrated to USA

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 15:41

My father is the only one who settled over here. all i know is she was born c1906.

i can trace the urbanski side. i just cant trace anything on her apart from knowing she was german.

Sorry this is no help i know. im just wondering how i go about searching the german records ??

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2012 18:14

you've not said where over here they settled

this free site covers Germany and most of the globe

www.familysearch.org

Mark

Mark Report 24 Dec 2012 18:20

My father settled in nottingham. Konrad Josef Urbanski. He married Shelia Salt.

He was the only one to come over here . x