Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Confirmation please if poss....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 26 Dec 2012 18:08

Using lancashire online parish clerk site....

I have had in my foster mothers family tree for quite a while now the name of 3 children but not the mothers name..... untill now if it is correct...

William France 1769
Ann France1771
John 1775

I believe the parents to be Robert France and Martha Radcliffe....

Thank you in advance

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 26 Dec 2012 18:32

Hello Mark, what exactly is the question?

Mark

Mark Report 26 Dec 2012 18:34

Parents of

William France 1769
Ann France1771
John 1775

I believe are Robert France and Martha Radcliffe...

Leigh area, Lancs

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 26 Dec 2012 18:42

So are you wanting us to try and confirm that?

Mark

Mark Report 26 Dec 2012 19:16

Please - i have tried to go further back. even visited Lancashire Record Office.. without much success...

Vera

Vera Report 26 Dec 2012 19:24

I really cannot confirmed with certainty that the Martha Radcliffe who married Robert France in 1752 St Mary the Virgin, Leigh Lancashire is the mother of the children you stated.
There are children born with Robert France named as father, ranging from 1753 to 1768 also St Mary the Virgin Leigh Lancashire.
Not sure where you go from here. Sorry not much help.

Regards Vera

Mark

Mark Report 26 Dec 2012 19:25

Thanks Vera much appreciated

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Dec 2012 09:01

I can't see baptisms, with father Robert, at Leigh, earlier than 1769 on LancsOPC, by which time the couple you name would have been married for 17 years.

You may have to look further afield..............