Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption Records in Leeds around 1903

Page 4 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 23 Mar 2013 10:05

I wonder if the person registering Jack's death thought that his birth was registered as John?

Name: John Thomas Swann
Birth Date: 16 Apr 1914
Date of Registration: Jan 2000
Age at Death: 85
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register Number: A16B
District and Subdistrict: 0611A
Entry number: 96

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Mar 2013 10:09

Very possible, Rootie. They may have thought that he was known as Jack as a nickname for John. However, Jack was born 1911 .....

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 23 Mar 2013 10:21

Oops - sorry MarieCeleste. Must have been up too early this morning, don't know where I got 1914 from.

Also if I had double checked that death ties in with the birth of a John T in Birmingham

Dave

Dave Report 23 Mar 2013 11:38

You guys are just brill at this thanks again for all your help . I think I've had my monies worth on this thread... take care, Dave :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Mar 2013 12:08

You're very welcome Dave - we like to get to the bottom of a good mystery!