Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stanley/Stan Beaumont, Navy Cook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

atlantikman

atlantikman Report 3 Jan 2013 14:08

Hello,

I'm trying to trace a Stanley Beaumont who was a (Merchant?) Navy Cook in the 1930's, possibly from the Liverpool Lancashire area but maybe also from County Durham. This man I assume would have been born about 1900 give or take maybe 10 years or so. I know its a long shot as I know there are quite a few with that name and I cannot personally trace them all; but I'm sure not many of them were Navy Cooks!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jan 2013 14:11

... but none of the vital record index show occupations!

Why not use the Search facility to see if anyone has a likely match in their trees?

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Jan 2013 14:19

Have you been told that he was related to you?

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 3 Jan 2013 15:58

There's a hit on FindMyPast in the Merchant Navy records for a Stanley Beaumont, born 1901, Liverpool. Worth having a look at the record to see if he was a Cook!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jan 2013 16:20

In 1924 that one was an Asst Pant. Stwd

He was 5' 7" tall, grey eyes, dark hair, pale skin.

In 1925 he was a waiter and in 1932 he was a "asst stwd"

atlantikman

atlantikman Report 3 Jan 2013 17:58

Hello,

Yes I am aware of that SB born 1901 Liverpool, Assistant Pantry Steward - which I think is quite close to the cooking! - but I think when I found this, some time ago, I could not match him with the birth indexes ... Also, I think he may be too tall .... This man (when the correct one is found) may turn out to be distantly related - I do not want to say any more at this stage. Sadly I have very little to go on; he may have smoked a pipe and wore a trilby, and had a high forehead.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jan 2013 18:01

... but if he was the one who wore red braces then I know who you're looking for ;-)

Margee

Margee Report 3 Jan 2013 18:26

No, MarieCeleste, I'm fairly sure that the one who wore red braces smoked a cigar not a pipe.