Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Politoff/Politov family in France.

Page 1 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:40

the above from this site

Politov/Politova/Politoff - General - Family History ...
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Jan 2012 2:30PM GMT
boards.ancestry.com/?thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=8378&p=... - Cached

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:41

Ecological genetics and seed transfer guidelines for Pinus ...
... as three times the family ... Politov D. V., Altukhov Y ... and non-adaptive traits for conservation in France.
www.amjbot.org/content/95/1/66.full

All Russia Family Tree. Surnames list. P
Platov search - Pavel.Platov@wanadoo.fr, 2005 ... He lived on a farm and saw his family shot by Russian ... POLIROV, POLISCHUK, POLISSKY, POLITKOVSKY, POLITOV ...
www.vgd.ru/ENGLISH/p.htm - Cached

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:44

Hellenic Genealogy Geek: Book "Diaspora Merchants in the ...
Politov, Ioannis ... Hellenic Genealogy Geek Facebook Group - post family ... Diaspora - France (1) Diaspora - FYROM (1) Diaspora ...
hellenicgenealogygeek.blogspot.gr/2012/?05/book-diaspora... - Cached

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 17:45

WOW

We are finding some more. The deaths I take it are in Russia?

I am sure my Politov died in France.

Yes, was hoping for anyone with information, but you have done wonders. It is a difficult subject and one I have tried to temp genes into. Like getting researchers on board from those Baltic States and Russia. Some many people from the West trying to trace those who left the 'Old' Russia and settled elsewhere. With a language problem, this site could do wonders.

I will keep looking, but from the above, the family did spread out. I have to add that I have come a long way in the few years I have been searching.

You have passed your shortest day (our longest) so you have only one way to go - up with the temps, slow slowly, but look to Spring.

Sappho.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:46

this one looks interesting - just put Politov in the search engine when you get on there

Kasimov - Pipl Directory
... Kosenkov (1995) ... [ hal.archives-ouvertes.fr] ... R.L.; McDonald T.J.; Politov D.; Palatnikov G.; Mekhtiev A ... Basil Caplan Kasimov/Caplan family history & genealogy ...
pipl.com/directory/name/Kasimov - Cached

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 17:52

Hi Ann,

Yes overload here, this is my family. You can see from my "Researching" list. I do not want this information again. I must keep to my thread for information on the relative that went to France.

I commend the way you can all research and find so much. I have boxes of information on this, but I am wanting the French Connection (excuse the pun).; The Politov brother who went to France, probably married and had a family nd died there in the late 1940's or early 1950.

This is a completely new thread.

Great researching though.

Sappho

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:57

I can't find any in France and strangely on the LDS site when you select a country, France is not there!!! however, in the past I've found lots of stuff in France

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 17:59

I'm thinking they changed their name when they got to France

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 18:04

Put the above message in before the other info came through. This happens sometimes,

Just absorbing what you have put. It is so interesting.

Oh thanks so much. I am keen to get one of the books and will go to Library next week to see what they have. There is one Politov mentioned.

Thanks so much,

Its all so interesting.

Sappho

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 18:06

Yes, I am with you Ann on the name change to France, but have found one to Politoff and trying to email on this.

It has come through via Moscow so hope something comes from that. Just happened.

This timeline makes a difference for catching up on things.

Sappho

have been in and looked at those sites you have sent. Very good information to be had.

Thanks again

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jan 2013 21:47

we'll endeavour to keep this on the front page - give a bunk up every so often :-D

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 23:03

Thanks Ann so much appreciated. Good night and sleep warm.

I am always amazed at what you helpers find out for us. I have so much information from Ancestry, but I have never become a member as I cannot get on with the site. I do however, find 'message boards' most helpful and it there I tried for France. No luck though.

Will keep this thread informed of further developments.

Thank you again for your communications and efforts. Although I am not yet in France (for my relative), what you have found is very interesting and helpful.

Thank you so much,

Sappho

Sappho

Sappho Report 5 Jan 2013 23:04

ps Ann - had a friend who married a Harman - don't think he was from Whitchurch though.

Sappho

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jan 2013 03:06

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sappho

Sappho Report 6 Jan 2013 09:58

We now have confirmation of Mihail Mikhailovich Politov. This is another brother to my grandmother.

I am waiting for the reply to see if the French connection I have emailed is a relative of one of the brothers - the one who went to France and died there.

Slowly, slowly we get there. I positive we will.

Thanks again,

Sappho

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jan 2013 11:47

fingdrs crossed then :-) :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jan 2013 17:09

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jan 2013 22:19

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Jan 2013 10:38

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sappho

Sappho Report 7 Jan 2013 18:24

Ann - I am not sure what this means - sorry for ignorance.

Does that mean the weather is improving????

Sappho.

I have nothing to report until my helper in Russia goes to Archives, but it is Christmas Day there at present (7th Jan). They are on a different Calendar to us (or some of them are). You probably wonder why do Russians Orthodox people celebrate Christmas on January 7th? Why not on December 25th?
Well, the reason is that the Russian Orthodox Church still lives according to the old Julian Calendar, which is currently 13 days behind the Gregorian Calendar, which is adopted by most countries in the world (and by the Russian government). When in the end of 1917 the Bolshevik government decided to adopt Gregorian calendar, the Russian Orthodox church decided not to follow the rules set by the civil authorities. Part of the reason was to protest against the Bolsheviks and their interference in church affairs. Another reason, perhaps, was to stick to the older rules, the ways in which generations of Russian Christians were praising the Lord, observing holidays, etc.

Think they are back to work on the 9th January.