Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Davies m Elizabeth ? C 1855 Liverpool

Page 2 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 2 Mar 2013 21:12

Baptism of Ann Reilly 1843 gives Jane Birkett.(transcript ). Thanks for your help.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 2 Mar 2013 22:15

Birkett / Pickett sounds rather similar - especially as many people could not spell so depending upon what the clerk thought he heard.....

Mary

Mary Report 11 Mar 2013 15:30

Thomas Rowland Hughes Sheriff of Caernarvonshire 1914-Looking for more info before 1891 census and marriage to Margaret in Machynlleth 1884.census say born Liverpool c1848,retired bank manager,prestigious addresses.
I can't find him earlier.I wonder if he is the son of Thomas and Margaret Hughes (davies?)witnesses at marriage 1852 Liverpool of Thomas Davies to Elizabeth Rowlands b Tregaen ,Bangor
He must have worked in Wales and he had an estate in Conway when he was Sheriff.
Please can you find anything? I am intrigued about his middle name Rowland,like 3of Thomas and Elizabeth s children.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 11 Mar 2013 17:20

Thomas Rowland Hughes seems to be a reasonably popular name. There was a Welsh poet a sheriff in Louisiana to name but 2 after googling. Can't see anything more though to link the sheriff with you

Mary

Mary Report 11 Mar 2013 20:20

I've found a few more Rowland Hughes in Liverpool apart from his 2definite children ,Richard rowland Hughes b 1859 is nearest in time.m Elizabeth lived in Cheshire 1911