Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katreena

Katreena Report 9 Jan 2013 18:46

Hi everyone when do we get the updated hot matches list
Many thanks :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Jan 2013 19:40

don't hold you breath Katreena - I've not had a hot match in over three years now!!

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Jan 2013 07:15

Ditto.
Or at least new ones. The only ones I have had are for existing contacts , for rellies we both already have on our trees.
According to Genes, about a dozen were added in July of last year. have checked & canĀ“t find any.?????

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jan 2013 09:13

If most so-called 'hot' matches are anything to go by, they're a complete waste of time.

Much better for you to do your own searching.........in 'search all trees'

Your query would be better directed at GR...............only they can answer it.

dieseljockey

dieseljockey Report 10 Jan 2013 15:32

Hi All,
I actually had ''Hot Matches'' on 28th September 2012, but nothing since, a waste of time?????
Dieseljockey

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Jan 2013 15:18

Hello Katreena,

I'm sure I read on here not so long ago, that the Hot Match system has been changed.

There has been a lot of criticism (how unusual) about this feature and the mis-matches it was producing.

I think GR have now altered things so that the matches are more correct but not as frequent.

You will only get new matches if you either add new names to your tree or someone new, who is researching your family, joins the site.

As Reggie says, it's best to do your own searching in the Search Trees facility.

Hope this helps. Cx

Inky1

Inky1 Report 12 Jan 2013 17:55

Yesterday I added five new names to my tree. For each one I checked to see if any of the "You have nn Tree Matches" were indeed matches, or just the same names from other places. None were true matches. If there had been any from someone with whom I had not had prior contact it would then be down to me to decide whether or not to send a message.

When I log on I look at My Contacts, to see if any records have been put on that are of possible interest to me. I guess that those other researchers do likewise.

Hot Matches? Nah!