Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Hudson 1792 or 1804

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Jan 2013 13:46

I am still trying to sort out my g g grandfather ancestry I know he was illigitimate (4 children) but have a few communications, One that says that she was born in 1804 with a father and mother, but cannot find her with this, one 1792 with the youngest daughter Ann. Can you suggest which might be the correct one.

Gillian

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jan 2013 13:58

You need to give more information. Where was "your" Jane Hudson born? What is the name of your g.g.grandfather? Have you found the family in any census?

Kath. x

Gillian

Gillian Report 2 Feb 2013 17:18

Jane Hudson was born in Addingham, Yorkshire 1792. I have found her on the 1841 Census with Ann 9 years old, she is 49 years old. Ann was a twin, her brother didn't survive. She also has an older girl born 1820 and Stephen 1825 born in Adddingham, Christened 12.06.1825 Addingham Church as illegitimate. He is my g.g. Grandfather. I can find Stephen married to Hnnah Wheelhouse, and some of the children, living in Knaresborough.

Gillian :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Feb 2013 17:36

Can you say where Jane and Ann were on the 1841 census because I can't find them on Findmypast.

Kath. x

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 2 Feb 2013 18:16

KB, I think this must be the 1841 census entry

Name: Jane Hudson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1792
Where born: Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Addingham
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross (East Division)
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street Address:

View image

Registration district: Skipton
Sub-registration district: Addingham
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 1315
Book: 1
Folio: 54
Page Number: 8
Household Members:
Name Age
Jane Hudson 49
Ann Hudson 9

Mary

Mary Report 2 Feb 2013 18:44

Hi Gillian,on your thread dated 1 Jan 2013.
I gave you info on both Jane Hudson and suggested the one born 1804 married Benjamin Peel and is in Bradford in 1841.

Wasn't the Jane Hudson 1792 in Addingham 1841 with Ann a married lady?

Maybe you should have tagged this query onto that thread so others could see what already had been found.

Maryb.

Gillian

Gillian Report 3 Feb 2013 16:28

Thanks for your message, the Jane Hudson you found born 1792 Addingham aged 49 was living with her youngest daughter Ann 9 years old, she had 4 illigitimate children, born 1820, 1825 and twins, Ann and her brother who didn't survive. She wasn't a married lady, I cannot find where Jane every married either.
Gillian