Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOHN H REYNOLDS dob 1918. NEW ZEALAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2013 18:26

I have a relative as above whose parents are John Reynolds 1875 and Catherine Perkins 1883 London. He enrolled in the Merchant Navy travelled to America, jumped ship to New Zealand - since that nothing was heard about him and I cannot trace him. Can you please help.

Thank you for all the help on previous ancestors which has really helped. :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jan 2013 18:54

View image Save image
Search collection
About this collection
name: J H Reynolds
event: Immigration
arrival date: 30 May 1903
event place: New Zealand
marital status:
origin:
estimated birth year:
shipping company:
ship: Maori
ship's departure port:
departure port: London
departure date:
ship's arrival port:
arrival port: Wellington (other ports also listed)
digital folder number: 004416513
image number: 00219

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2013 19:22

I am still looking for the abovenamed. He went to America and then went to New Zealand we are still unable to trace him Would you know if he is still in New Zealand and if he is still alive.

Sylvia

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jan 2013 19:48

sorry Sylvia - no idea

edit your heading to include the word New Zealand and when our friends from down under come on line this evening they may be able to help you

he'd be 95 if he were still alive

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jan 2013 19:55

well you'll get no more info now as you've marked it as answered - you can remove the "answered" by clicking on it again

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2013 20:11

Ann, Cardiff.

I wonder if John H Reynolds is the same person as his dob is 1918 and the email says he arrived in New Zealand on 30 May 1903.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jan 2013 20:47

that's why you should remove the "answered"

I'm wondering if your dates are correct, cos the one I posted was in the navy

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2013 21:27

It was the merchant navyJohn was in not the Royal Navy. I expect he will not be found. like you say he would be 95. Not sure if it is still clicked as answered. I have not been doing this for long.

Sylvia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2013 22:22

You haven't given any dates for when he landed in NZ

And - as already advised - as you are looking for him in NZ, you need to remove the info about London in your title, and replace it with NZ .

What name was represented by the 'H'?

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2013 23:08

JOHN H REYNOLDS, NEW ZEALAND

Yes New Zealand was the last place relatives knew about him as he was in the merchant navy presumably as a young man going to America 'to seek his fortune' and jumped ship and went to New Zealand but we have no knowledge of dates. I believe the H was Harry. I do not know how to get the words NEW ZEALAND in the title. His mother did try to trace him. I have to close down now for this evening but will be researching again tomorrow morning. Thank you for your help. Sylvia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2013 23:11

To change your title, go to your original post and click on EDIT