Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arthur (Andrew) HARDY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cisco

Cisco Report 22 Jan 2013 17:47

I am looking for a Arthur (Andrew) HARDY born on the 17 January 1920. Arthur married a Catharine/Katharine Walsh/e in 1946 in Hendon, Middlesex.
I believe Arthur died in June 2003 - I have found a Death Record for him for Peterborough Registration District, Vol 3351C, Vol Page C40G.
I have no records as to whether they had children.
So far I've drawn blanks. If anyone can shed some light I'd be extremely grateful.

Mike *

Mike * Report 22 Jan 2013 17:49

The informant on the death cert may be an offspring.

Mike *

Mike * Report 22 Jan 2013 17:51

The marriage is in the name of Walshe (I should imagine by 1946 most people knew how to spell their own name )

There are children born to Hardy/ Walshe marriage on freebmd.

Just enter both surnames to find them

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Jan 2013 17:59

Marriage record has extra initial

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
about Arthur A L Hardy
Name: Arthur A L Hardy
Spouse Surname: Walshe
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1946
Registration district: Hendon
Inferred County: Middlesex
Volume Number: 5f
Page Number: 546

Andy

Mike *

Mike * Report 22 Jan 2013 18:10

Please don't post about the same people twice.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1318123

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Jan 2013 18:12

From new thread:

"Hello – can anyone help me trace the possible whereabouts of Catharine/Katharine Walshe – or any of her relatives. She was born about 1921 and her father’s name was Dennis (or Edmond) Walsh and she lived at Roseberry, Newbridge, County Kildaire, Ireland. She married in Hendon, Middlesex in 1946 to Arthur Hardy and it is believed they may possibly have emigrated (to Australia?) some time after. Many thanks."

Best stick to this thread.

Mike *

Mike * Report 22 Jan 2013 18:18

PM RECEIVED.

Hello Mike - thank you for suggesting I look for children of WALSHE & HARDY on the freebmd. Is this freebmd.org.uk? If so, I've tried to get on to a page where I can input both surnames, but I'm unable to. I'd appreciate a bit of guidance if you have a moment. Many thanks.

TRY THIS LINK :

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Surname .... enter HARDY

Spouse/Mother surname .. enter WALSHE

click births

Cisco

Cisco Report 22 Jan 2013 18:52

Many thanks for this Mike. I've found 3 children - will now have to start looking hard.

Cisco

Cisco Report 25 Jan 2013 13:33

Hello again -

I've identified the 3 children of Arthur HARDY and Catharine WALSHE.
I think I've found the death of Arthur HARDY, but cannot find the death of Catharine WALSHE.

It may well be that Arthur and Catharine were divorced and she went on to remarry.

Is there any way I can find out if they were divorced?

Many thanks, Joyce

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 25 Jan 2013 13:53

Catherine may have died after Arthur and death indexes in Ancestry only go up o 2006.

Why do you think that they divorced please?

Who was the informant on Arthur's death certificate?

Cisco

Cisco Report 28 Jan 2013 11:47

If Catharine did die after Arthur, how would I find out if Ancestry only goes up to 2006? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm still awaiting the Death Cert for Arthur.

I have no reason to suppose they were divorced, it was an idea.

Many thanks.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 15 Mar 2013 19:45

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1318123