Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you think she will be buried at Kensall Green?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shannette

Shannette Report 31 Jan 2013 12:39

My great grandmother Beatrice Anna Clare died in 1953 in the Central Middx hospital which is London NW10.Her home address was Chamberlayne Mansions NW10.As I've been unable to trace her birth I thought that finding her grave may give me some clues.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2013 12:43

Was she married to your grandfather?

No certainty that she was buried anywhere..............may have been cremated

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2013 12:45

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006
Name: Beatrice A Clare
Birth Date: abt 1870
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1953
Age at Death: 83
Registration district: Willesden
Inferred County: Middlesex
Volume: 5f
Page: 250

She was born before the introduction of penalties for not registering births

Where does she claim to have been born........on census returns?

K

K Report 31 Jan 2013 13:00

It is possible that the records of this site stretch up to 1953 http://www.deceasedonline.com/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2013 13:03

Why not contact the cemetery you have in mind........ask them if they do searches.

Dea

Dea Report 31 Jan 2013 13:57

What was her maiden name?

Who did she marry, when and where please?

Dea x

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jan 2013 15:32

Kensal Rise will do a quick search for you if you phone up, the year will help them and a rough guide to the month may also help.

I phoned them a few years ago, my gran is there and I wanted to know if there was a headstone. They took my number and a lovely Irish fellow called me back within 1 hour and told me all I needed to know. She was in the Catholic part .

Shannette

Shannette Report 31 Jan 2013 18:30

Thanks everyone I'll certainly try to give them a ring tommorrow.She claims to be born in Battersea on cenuses. I have her marriage cert in 1891 to Jesse Swaby Clare in West Ham and her father is given as Charles Henry Johnson a publican but I can't find them together on any previous census.She is described as his widow on her death cert but by then he'd taken off and had another family.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 31 Jan 2013 20:38

For Reference:

1901 Census.

Name: Beatrice Clare
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1871
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: Jesse Swaby Clare
Where born: Battersea, London, England.

Civil parish: Hackney
Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity
County/Island: London

Registration district: Hackney
Sub-registration district: South-West Hackney
ED, institution, or vessel: 22

View others on page
Household schedule number: 347
Piece: 226
Folio: 103
Page Number: 48

Household Members:
Name Age
Jesse Swaby Clare 34
Beatrice Clare 30
Gladys Daisy Clare 9
Claude Fred Clare 6
Carl Bern Clare 4
Harold Jack Clare 3

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 31 Jan 2013 20:57

For Reference:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1891 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
District: W. Ham. Vol: 4a page: 197

Clare, Jesse Swaby
Johnson, Beatrice

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 31 Jan 2013 21:36

She's a tricky one to find in any census returns prior to 1901, isn't she?!! :-(

K

K Report 1 Feb 2013 06:26

What address did she give on her marriage cert?

Shannette

Shannette Report 1 Feb 2013 08:05

I know she really is elusive. They both are listed as at the same address when they marry and that is Tickford Terrace which no longer seems to exist but I presume it was in West Ham as that's where they married
I've also followed them on the electoral rolls and Jesse is sometimes with her and the children and sometimes with his other family ! On her death cert Gladys is the informant and Harold is also living at Chamberlayne mansions.

Shannette

Shannette Report 4 Feb 2013 18:35

I rang the cemetary at Kensall Green and she's not there or at Willesden and they suggested to try Westminster but their searches take 3 days so I'm no further forward as yet.

Shannette

Shannette Report 15 Feb 2013 18:36

Well she really doesn't want to be found ! I've drawn a blank for grave or obituary at Wandsworth,Hampstead,Westminster,.Not sure what to do next.

Shannette

Shannette Report 22 Feb 2013 18:36

Now wondering if she could have been buried in a church graveyard but what's the chance of that in London?