Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Newspaper Archive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Jan 2013 12:52

Couple of look ups if possible please....

I wonder if any one with access to the British Newspaper Archive could acquaint me with the full text of the snippets below please.

I have all other details of the Woolley`s in the 2 articles, ie;census bmd`s etc, so please dont waste time looking these up .

I`m just interested in these 2 particular Articles below.
Thanks in anticipation

Nottinghamshire Guardian Nottinghamshire, England
13 Jul 1883
IjgjgE
William Woolley, Jan., were charged with having assaulted Eliza Woolley, at Clifton. Mr. W. H. Stevenson appeared for the complainant. It was stated that there was a quarrel over the tenancy of a certain house at Clifton Green, and that tbe defendanta knocked
Type: Article
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nottingham Evening Post Nottinghamshire, England
2 Nov 1881
TO-DAY'S POLICE NEWS
farmer. Clifton, was charged with breaking three panesjof glass in a window of the house occupied by Elizabeth Woolley, at Clifton, and he was also charged with indecently assaulting the latter. Mr. Cockayne defended, and pleaded that his client was drunk
Type: Article

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 31 Jan 2013 19:49

I have saved them and will PM the pages to you.
I hope that's ok rather than typing it all out.

Kind regards
Amanda

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Jan 2013 20:58

I received them OK,
Thanks a million Amanda.
Really apreciated.

Shane,